Employee keeping my last wage

Hi all I worked for a small company and I was making a delivery on a farm I was going down a track when my lorry got stuck so I askes the farmer to pull me out with his tractor and I ended up in a drainage ditch up to my axle the only thing that broke on my lorry was the plastic bit on the bottom of my step anyway I got laid off and my boss said he was keeping my last pay to pay for the damage when I got the job he didn’t say if any damaged caused I would have to pay so can he keep my last pay or not sorry for spelling lol any help would be great I am a fairly new driver and don’t really know where I stand many thanks

New trucker:
Hi all I worked for a small company and I was making a delivery on a farm I was going down a track when my lorry got stuck so I askes the farmer to pull me out with his tractor and I ended up in a drainage ditch up to my axle the only thing that broke on my lorry was the plastic bit on the bottom of my step anyway I got laid off and my boss said he was keeping my last pay to pay for the damage when I got the job he didn’t say if any damaged caused I would have to pay so can he keep my last pay or not sorry for spelling lol any help would be great I am a fairly new driver and don’t really know where I stand many thanks

No he cannot legally withhold any part of your wages unless you agreed to pay for the damage, which you haven’t.

If your previous employer refuses to pay the money owed contact ACAS or the CAB

Yep I am going to see cab today Thankyou for your help