Employed drivers-reducing stoppages

Conor:

paul b:
what many don’t realise is that even on paye you can fill a tax return in at the end of the financial year just as you would a self employed driver and claim for virtually everything, i.e travelling costs, work wear etc, if your a tramper the inland revenue has set the cost of a night out @ £29.50 so if you get £20 per night you can claim the £9.50 for every night out over that year, that dosn’t mean they give you the £9.50’s back it means it’s non taxable so you get rebated the tax paid on that amount and anything else you can claim as an expense, not a huge sum of money but always nice to get something back off the taxman.

You can only claim travel to work if you don’t go to the same place of work hence agency drivers going to different places can get it but employed drivers running out of the same yard can’t. You can only claim workwear if you or your employer set up an agreement with the Tax Office in the pay district of your employer. The same applies for a meal allowance.

:laughing: sorry mate, but thats a classic!

ady1:
as the title says is there any way a employed driver can reduce his stoppages
this week i paid-tax-130.40
n.i 73.32
pen 25.00
total 228.72
its a big chunk of your weekly wage gone on taxes,ni, so is there anything we can claim for etc,etc
ta

Your pension is a volountary contribution sureley?

Santa:
By my reckoning that means you earned about £800 last week, leaving you with £570 or so to scrape by on.

Many experienced drivers on here would be grateful for that as a start, so make the most of it while you can.

£849.49 to be presise,620.77 take home, as for many would be happy with that, would they,most drivers i know wont work 80+ hrs p.w,sat-sun every week,midnight starts on a sat night arriving back in yard sun 15.00 etc etc
most i know want mon-fri,40 hrs ,7 a.m starts ,according to them the amount of stoppages it just isnt worth working the hours.
but to me if theres away of cutting down stoppages lets hear it, it benifits us all at the end of the day not just me

mickyblue:

ady1:

animal:
Write to tax office saying that you are a driver & have to pay for your PPE then you will be able to claim some of the tax back ( or should I say your tax code should go up so you pay less tax

Are you paying emergency tax by any chance :question: :question:

no not paying emegency tax,just doing up round max hours,hours are getting longer and longer, stoppages are getting more and more,doesnt seem that long ago i was earning £250 p.w, now im paying nearly that in stoppages,already claiming for uniform, hought there may of been something i was missing out on ta

is £250pw a stobart wage?

depend who you listen too,if its the know it all driver in a r.d.c who likes too guess stobart waages yes it probally is,but no its not actually,ive had some real crap jobs[wages], stobarts is a long way off the bottom pile,average at a guess

Mike-C:

ady1:
as the title says is there any way a employed driver can reduce his stoppages
this week i paid-tax-130.40
n.i 73.32
pen 25.00
total 228.72
its a big chunk of your weekly wage gone on taxes,ni, so is there anything we can claim for etc,etc
ta

Your pension is a volountary contribution sureley?

listening mike to what the 65+ drivers whove stobarts have bombed out lately,id say that £25 is a nessisity , not volountary,have you heard what a basic pension is :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: :frowning: ,at the rate the girlfreinds spending my money a weeks pension wont last a day :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

ady-1 you pay as much in tax as I earn pw

Can I swoop

But then I only did 14km today :laughing: :laughing:

animal:
ady-1 you pay as much in tax as I earn pw

Can I swoop

But then I only did 14km today :laughing: :laughing:

its not quite as good as it seems, 6 days, starting midnight,sat/sun, over 80 hrs, average it out, 80 hrsdivided into £800 pounds only averages out at £10 p.h [£10 at midnight on sat night] doesnt sound so good now :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .then take your stobbages out, 80 hrs into £600 [oh dear :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: ].
any jobs going at your place :wink: