Emigration, is it possible too

Actually do nowadays?

That’s question number one done lol…

I’ve always wanted to leave blighty and as many would say live the dream an go drive abroad say in the states or aus, tbh wherever, but, it all seems so bloody complicated with regards to things like… (rumours if you will)… you must have family in the chosen place, or x amount in the bank, below certain ages looong list, but I’m just wondering if its actually possible to think abit outside the box and do as I’m asking below, maybe in the hope of succeeding…

I digress,

Now, does anyone know ‘IF’ it’s actually possible to say, hop on a plane too say Australia/Canada or trump country for example, as I dunno a holiday maker or on a visa, take the relevant licences to drive trucks… (I’ve read you’ll need to do manual test in Aus)… pray you pass all the necessary then head home an try to gain work from blighty and maybe even get too stay?

I’m under NO illusions it will be simple as that, I’m just as above wondering if it could be done this way?

Probably sounds daft, stupid, all the rest but it is a serious question.
So if Anyone’s got any experience of if/how I’d be really greatful to hear your input as I’m dead sick of this island, I’ve that call to the wilderness urge burning bright as always and sadly a peaceful driving career in the UK seems to evade me, I wanna haul sheep an straw off the farms, you know just be left the ■■■■ alone really except when you get a barmy farmer type to natter too [emoji38]
and the lure of the outback, or depths of snow seems the only way I’m gonna find it tbh [emoji16]

As always, many thanks fellas.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Have you checked out the Ex-Pat Driver area?
Lots of good info there. Rules do change all the time, but you`ll get an idea of it all.

Franglais:
Have you checked out the Ex-Pat Driver area?
Lots of good info there. Rules do change all the time, but you`ll get an idea of it all.

You know, I hadn’t… Bless ya I’ll have a mooch. [emoji106]

If staff OK this maybe move there if more appropriate, I’d be greatful too [emoji41][emoji41]

Anything is possible if you set your mind to it, well most things are within reason
But if you’re trying to hide or to be isolated that’s a long way to go
Just get a night trunk, that would be your solution, pick drop, drop pick, you won’t bump into many people and there would be very little looking at you

Bigtruck3:
Anything is possible if you set your mind to it, well most things are within reason
Just get a night trunk, that would be your solution, pick drop, drop pick, you won’t bump into many people and there would be very little looking at you

[emoji54][emoji54][emoji54]

Holy ■■■■, you were nice to me [emoji54]

Appreciate the advice though man [emoji41][emoji482]

Nah I ain’t running, ent never from ■■■■ me, just myself [emoji20]
just fed up of the UK an all its bs.
Always have been and to be honest, don’t help I’m really really struggling to find another start driving either, hence I’m thinking maybe it’s time see if other parts of the world can open doors…

Benjie83:

Bigtruck3:

Holy [zb], you were nice to me [emoji54]

Nah I ain’t running, ent never from [zb] me, just myself [emoji20]
Always have been and to be honest, don’t help I’m really really struggling to find another start driving either, hence I’m thinking maybe it’s time see if other parts of the world can open doors…

Would need a fair of experience in most cases for that to happen

Bigtruck3:

Benjie83:

Bigtruck3:

Respect that, an yep that’s True, although I ain’t scared to rock up bare an beg for a start here with sweet FA, so I’d be far less bothered trying it abroad [emoji16]

There’s just too much bs in this country.

Benjie83:

Bigtruck3:

Benjie83:

Bigtruck3:

Respect that, an yep that’s True, although I ain’t scared to rock up bare an beg for a start here with sweet FA, so I’d be far less bothered trying it abroad [emoji16]

There’s just too much bs in this country.

This industry like many others are now designed to get you in your place,every country will be the exact same…
Look at the stories of driver shortages in the US and UK all guff to over populate the workforce and put you in a position of crap conditions long hours and awful money,Money making legislation etc etc.P.s It is happening in all kinds of industry or example CSCS Guff rules health and safety officious bores for big money.
You might want to watch that polish ■■■■■■■ youtube she’s been to Canada and the Us.

m.youtube.com/user/TruckinGirlIwona

Why not try Scandinavia,same climate as Canada but less bureaucracy and being Europé its easier to work.Plus the English are liked here,as,withe Dutch and Germans they seem to adapt here easily.But its a bit 'old fashioned’here,you’re expected to put your hand to Everything.Look at the UTube videos of Angelica Larsson then you get an idea of being ‘multi functional’.

hutpik:
Why not try Scandinavia,same climate as Canada but less bureaucracy and being Europé its easier to work.Plus the English are liked here,as,withe Dutch and Germans they seem to adapt here easily.But its a bit 'old fashioned’here,you’re expected to put your hand to Everything.Look at the UTube videos of Angelica Larsson then you get an idea of being ‘multi functional’.

You know I have genuinely thought about Holland, Norway, Sweden, even Poland.
That cold snowy lifes right up my street!!

It’s was merely my lack of language skills that sort of stopped the idea, but funnily enough I’ve been looking at firms like Visbeen to see if they recruit from here, but I’m green as leaves which as always seems to be the issue.

Maybe it’s because I grew up on the road an saw Alot of the continent as a boy, I think that’s what’s really driving me to get on.

I’d love to get long continental work but as a green horn it’s not gonna happen working for uk firms, and it’s understandable. I’ve eeeeven looked to Ireland to see what’s about.

But yeah, Hence looked to the bigger rocks, maybe more opportunity when your new, but it’s looking like it’s going to sadly be way out of my league to get there.

Either way I’m so sick of this country I’d move to the moon just for the peace an quiet, and space to be alone [emoji106]

If you don’t mind me asking what did you work at before driving came on your radar,
How long are you now driving or have the full licence
A bit of confidence goes a long way even if you have to brag it, no harm

You’ll probably find co’s like Visbeen recruit in the Uk rather than NL,best is just to go to the country of your choice for a holiday,choose the area you want to live\work in and just go and bang on doors.Enthusiasm can go further than experience sometimes.Also if its a foreign co then they can train and coach you they way they work.Holland and Scandinavia are the leading countries in the World for having English as a second language.
I know of 3 English families that have moved up here within the last year and all have settled in and got steady jobs Before speaking the language.If your attitude is right then the locals will bend over backwards to help you fit in.

Bigtruck3:
If you don’t mind me asking what did you work at before driving came on your radar,
How long are you now driving or have the full licence
A bit of confidence goes a long way even if you have to brag it, no harm

Waaaay toooo many to list mate, all mainly legit though.

HGV held since October, one previous play at it as you…(and this beloved forum [emoji16])…well know.

Had couple offers though, but none are really gonna settle me, only one that might of they subsy withdrew on me [emoji20]

Got Irons in the fires though…

Regards to Confidence level, it’s 00 status, realm dependent.

Confidence in self to achieve a decent driving job, and provide a stable/happy life for my brood in the uk…

None.

Even considering an offer from a mate to head out to Eastern block an rough it, find a job, get owned by the local lads lol, maybe learn some new shizzle, survive, then see where the road goes.

Hence I’m extremely keen to see if abroad may offer a solution to everything I despise in life.

Uk has just gone WAAAAAY too plastic now and its not gonna get better until the good lord wipes it clean, so until then ima keep looking for them lone woods to walk in till he doe’s, new places new faces is the goal.

hutpik:
You’ll probably find co’s like Visbeen recruit in the Uk rather than NL,best is just to go to the country of your choice for a holiday,choose the area you want to live\work in and just go and bang on doors.Enthusiasm can go further than experience sometimes.Also if its a foreign co then they can train and coach you they way they work.Holland and Scandinavia are the leading countries in the World for having English as a second language.
I know of 3 English families that have moved up here within the last year and all have settled in and got steady jobs Before speaking the language.If your attitude is right then the locals will bend over backwards to help you fit in.

Bless ya, appreciate the advice i really do.

I’ve Dutch contacts, they’ve always said if I ever needed a bed…and I deffo know a break away is badly needed, could well be a good way out.

Just be a case of, as you say, finding work then go from there…

I’m always looking on vis, hzl and the likes, as my sig says, I’m an aspiring pollen puller [emoji106][emoji482]

No disrespect intended but why the hell would you even Think to go to any EE country.Surely the whole Point of emmigrating anywhere is to improve ones quality of Life ,both mentally and financially.Yes you may get a job in the EE but any experience you will obtain will only be bad[unless you are romantically involved with an EE],whereas in Scandinavia the freedom of space and the relaxed way of Life cannot be bettered.[Holland is ok in a different way,but much more people and stress],i lived in Holland for 30 years and didn’t want to spend my old age there.

hutpik:
No disrespect intended but why the hell would you even Think to go to any EE country.Surely the whole Point of emmigrating anywhere is to improve ones quality of Life ,both mentally and financially.Yes you may get a job in the EE but any experience you will obtain will only be bad[unless you are romantically involved with an EE],whereas in Scandinavia the freedom of space and the relaxed way of Life cannot be bettered.[Holland is ok in a different way,but much more people and stress],i lived in Holland for 30 years and didn’t want to spend my old age there.

Hahaha yeah I see your points there, to be honest I’m just thinking of where I may be able to make the best with nothing to start with, eastern Europe’s surely cheaper to start in than say the scandias?

Scandinavia would be lovely, I shall have a look into what’s needed to attempt it…

But I genuinely do like the sound of being more hands on in life, for yourself and for others, just looking to find a place where maybe we could get back to a closer way of life without the bs/regs/consumerism/tec/noise/over crowded way of existence.

Its all relative.Yes,the EE is cheap so so is Everything within the Environment,i.e.quality of housing,food,life,etc.In Scandinavia its expensive but you earn the wages relevant to that Lifestyle.And don’t be fooled,compared to the rest of Europé its not much more expensive.

hutpik:
Its all relative.Yes,the EE is cheap so so is Everything within the Environment,i.e.quality of housing,food,life,etc.In Scandinavia its expensive but you earn the wages relevant to that Lifestyle.And don’t be fooled,compared to the rest of Europé its not much more expensive.

Again really do appreciate your input bud.

Are you a full time ex pat yourself of you don’t mind me asking?

You could say that,i was in the military until 72,then driving to ME until 76 when i moved to Holland,then in 1979 lived in Afghanistan until 1981 then back to Holland until 1990 when i Went to live in Canada for a year.Then back to Holland until 2008 when i moved up here to Lappland for my old age .So i’m 'ex’most things.On a personal note i love the relaxed Life style up here and the ‘‘quality of life’’ is super.

hutpik:
You could say that,i was in the military until 72,then driving to ME until 76 when i moved to Holland,then in 1979 lived in Afghanistan until 1981 then back to Holland until 1990 when i Went to live in Canada for a year.Then back to Holland until 2008 when i moved up here to Lappland for my old age .So i’m 'ex’most things.On a personal note i love the relaxed Life style up here and the ‘‘quality of life’’ is super.

Well travelled [emoji106]

Lapland, now that would be ideal!!

I’ve been looking into the How’s of gaining employment in Sweden, looks as if their are good opportunities so long as your willing to adapt to their culture, which is one of the biggest reasons why I would want to go.

Regardless, I’m ready to be rid of blighty, sad to feel this way about my own country but its just not a place I feel I’ll ever see my nippers prosper in all aspects of life…