Emigrating to Spain

If i was looking for work in the Murcia region my first stop would be Capitrans. There business is 90% UK with a huge amount of Tesco work. I know for a fact that nearly all the traffic office speak great English.

Ex Haulier:
If i was looking for work in the Murcia region my first stop would be Capitrans. There business is 90% UK with a huge amount of Tesco work. I know for a fact that nearly all the traffic office speak great English.

heard a tale that they were one of the original companies who invested in the channel tunnel like nobrot dressingtable, they send so many trucks that way every day

welshboyinspain:
well you wont get 8 euro an hour in murcia :open_mouth: the whole of spain currently has over 20% unemployment so bosses can be choosey over who they employ.
as cost of living is supposed to be cheaper than the UK then so the wage structure is lower plus the region of murcia is probably the worst affected by the influx of romanians as they prefer to work on the agricultural sector then when their language skills improve they take to driving.
i’m not trying to sound like a bigot or not realising that i’m a foreigner here as well but it is widely known that there are fridge companies paying 1200 euros a month :open_mouth: to the romanians which to them is a fortune, more than doctors get in their own country.
the hours on national work in spain are long, tip in the morning wait for hours until afternoon reload then need to work late to tip the next morning, much better on international :smiley: :smiley:
also can you speak spanish? its ok in the holiday resorts as the bars want your money so they speak english but turn up at a factory inland and they don’t speak a word of english.
if you want to move to a certain area for a reason then go for it as the way of life is much better and so laid back but don’t move just because of the work situation as you could have a nasty surprise

Yo tambien!

I know its ever so slightly not Spain but aren’t there still a few hauliers still running down to Gib, with bases around there, Malaga etc? It’s something I’ve never done myself, but some good old friends of mine did it in the late 90’s, early noughties and stayed out in Jerez. I think they started over here with Avialink and Continental Express doing the supermarket stuff and produce, but moved onto a firm called Silverwolf over there (think that was the name) doing tiles and groupage. There is a removal company based near me (Warrington) who have been going for years - Roy Trevor and a lot of their work is Med bound (they have several offices over there) maybe thats the sort of firm you might want to work for until you can get your head round the lingo etc.

last bit of advice which I’m sue Hombre will agree on is STAY AWAY FROM SILVERWOLF :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
sorry for shouting but you might take notice then :wink: :wink:

I agree entirely with my Welsh friend - although Silver Wolf arent quite so much of a problem these days as most of their freight is subbed out, in fact I dont think they even own a truck anymore, certainly not one that comes down here.

PaulWeller:
Hi,

I am thinking of moving over to Spain to the Murcia region. Apparently there is a container port in Cartagena which is near where I’m looking to move. Does anybody know what the Spanish container companies are like to work for? What sort of hours and pay would you expect over there? I’m hoping it can’t be worse than I currently get working for an agency out of Southampton Container Terminal, £8 per hour!

ow gorden bennit
enother one who is going to spain to live the dream :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dogtanian:
ow gorden bennit
enother one who is going to spain to live the dream :confused: :confused: :confused:

and they all seem to head for the same area anywhere between Murcia and Algeciras otherwise known as Muppet Country

welshboyinspain:
it’s a very religious country toby, there is a fridge company called Transandreu, all scanias. every fridge has a huge picture of Jesus on the back left hand door.
I don’t remember exactly where campillo palmeras are from but i should do as i’ve passed it often enough :blush:
another favourite for the spanish is to put family members names on the truck, ours have the bosses sons one on either side of the cab and his daughter and wife on the front, the amount of people who think my name is Julio makes i laugh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know the Guvnor of that Transandereu, Rocky is his name, I was thinking of starting on there before I cme to Canada, my parents live near Seville and they had some work from that area, so I could pop in and see me Mum and Dad if ever I got stuck for a few days, it wasn’t bad money then, it was one a week to England or Northern Europe, so no holiday, but not a bad job.

Probably not the case now though, the Eastern Europeans have, as has been said, knocked the bollox out of the job :cry:

Hombre:
I agree entirely with my Welsh friend - although Silver Wolf arent quite so much of a problem these days as most of their freight is subbed out, in fact I dont think they even own a truck anymore, certainly not one that comes down here.

I saw a silver Merc with their name on it at Velez Malaga about a month ago.

kerbut:

Hombre:

I saw a silver Merc with their name on it at Velez Malaga about a month ago.

a little merc van or a truck?
last time i loaded in their place in february they had gotten rid of all their own trucks and a subbie was running the transport.
they haven’t paid us for the last two loads we did in february :imp:

WBIS
It was a Merc tractor with Silver Wolf on the front , it was coming out of the turning of the big fridge company in Velez . It would have been the last week in May.

kerbut:
WBIS
It was a Merc tractor with Silver Wolf on the front , it was coming out of the turning of the big fridge company in Velez . It would have been the last week in May.

there is a member of the co-op at COTRAVELMA who has a merc with the picture of a wolf on the back of the cab under a “no fear” sticker might have been him but would be strange to put that name on a truck seeing as the company are “renowned” in the malaga area :wink: :wink:
or maybe the original wolf company have done yet another phoenix job and transferred the directorship to another family member and thats why they haven’t paid us, go ■■■■ up owing money then start again with a different name on the bosses chair :unamused: :unamused: :imp: