Emergency Services

Following from my post about our hard working heroes in the armed forces…here’s another thought…

Thousands of emergency services personnel will be working as usual over the Christmas period keeping us all safe and sound (or at least doing their best!) and many will be away from their families as they work. Many will face real danger and many will risk their lives to save others (as happens on a daily basis).

Before some of you start your inevitable militant bleating about how they know it’s a 24hr job when they join etc etc etc…yes I KNOW THAT!! To me that makes it even more of a sacrifice as they know they will have to be on duty at Christmas and New Year.

Happy Christmas you lot! And may it be a safe one for all of you!

Shrek.

I’ll second that Shrek :exclamation:

Yes, you never give them much thought,… until you need their services.

Pete.

Do they try and give you folks half shifts to reduce the duty time over xmas :question:

ROG:
Do they try and give you folks half shifts to reduce the duty time over xmas :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Best laugh I’ve had this year mate!!! No is the answer to that one! :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve booked it all off as leave, so I won’t be there. My mates will though :stuck_out_tongue: 'tis the season for griefy domestics and drink drivers killing people.

don"t think they will be haer reading this,probably reading ambulance weekly,or patrol car monthly or something.
however just in case any of you in the emergency services,have a truck fetish,and are on here reading this,may i send you my best wishes for you and your loved ones this xmas,and a very happy new year to you all.true heroes of this country. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

buck73:
don"t think they will be haer reading this,probably reading ambulance weekly,or patrol car monthly or something.
however just in case any of you in the emergency services,have a truck fetish,and are on here reading this,may i send you my best wishes for you and your loved ones this xmas,and a very happy new year to you all.true heroes of this country. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Not an emergency service but I’ve attended a few :open_mouth: I should have been on nights last night and tonight, but as it’s my wifes birthday, the duty manager let me have the 2 nights off, he’s a star :wink: If you’re reading this boss, god bless you :sunglasses:

buck73:
…don"t think they will be haer reading this,probably reading ambulance weekly,or patrol car monthly or something.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh, you would be surprised who`s watching and lurking :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

you"re scaring me now… :cry: :cry: