Email from Bath Council,LGV ban

They were trying to ban trucks over 18 tons going through,so a long detour,and expense for the haulier,raising prices for the consumer,and all that,so i emailed them to say,if they were so anti truck,build a suitable alternative,like they do all over europe,their reply was it was not justified to spend money on new roads,when the levels of traffic did not require that to happen,any comments please.
To add,the folks that stand all day on the bridge at Bradford on Avon have made 150 mistakes in identifying the correct truck that went over the weight limit,they were told to count the axles,record the plate number,then trading standards sent it to the dvla,for a £1000 fine,after all their free work,only one repeat offender.

Ask them why when they put the Batheaston bypass in they didnt just continue on another mile at the bottom of the hill over the river and up the other side to meet the A 36.
Edit that it’s barely half a mile.

If traffic levels are insufficient to justify a by-pass, then why is a ban needed in the first place. Luckily I’ve never had the mis-fortune of travelling to or near Bath or that Bradford on Avon I keep reading about, and long may that continue.

Wake up RHA, FTA etc. Reply to Bath council that as a result of their ban, all Bath area post codes now attract a premium charge for deliveries to compensate for the extra costs involved. This can of course be extended to a refusal to deliver to the area.

cav,good point there,make the customer collect the stuff they order on line after midnight untill six am,that would stop their silliness.
Bald bloke,i think i may know why they did not extend the Batheaston by pass to join the A36 to Bristol,then their traffic problems would have been sorted,that by pass was a waste of money,the legal fees to evict the tree hugggers that took up camp there.
I remember seeing the news,when the council were intending to build a bus on a rail track scheme,it would run past houses,but not that close,so when the TV crew came round to film,they protested about noise,but the track was going to pass through waste ground and a fly tipping area,and the nimbies said the area would be spoilt by the scheme,and they made out they used the rubbish areas for dog walking and so on,when they did not,nimbies again,worried about their house prices.
If you want i can pass on the email address of the councilor in charge of transport for the area.

No don’t bother I don’t want it thanks.

I can not blame you,they are a waste of space and time,they live in a fairy tale world,it will be fun trying to deliver to the Weymouth area,when the roads will shut and diversions,for the giant sports day they are having.