Email Client

I have a client who wants a different setup but he has no patience.

Myself I use Rocketmail through Yahoo and Windows Live and have no problem, before this I used Outlook and then Outlook Express.

He uses Orange but wants to be able to mail direct from word or excel like I can. What would the massive suggest.

I am tempted to put him onto Thunderbird but have never used it and unsure of compatibility with Orange email

Yes I agree, however the old one I had the cat ate, then the midget next door stole the other one. Have you tried a ganglesprocket?

MysonVinnie:
Yes I agree, however the old one I had the cat ate, then the midget next door stole the other one. Have you tried a ganglesprocket?

Ganglesprocket only works with ubuntu and Taiwanese characters, but thanks for your help, it was very useful

I’m assuming he want to use Word/Excel as an email editor?

Depends on the version of Word/Excel. If it’s Home & Student then there is
no email client i.e. Outlook included with that version. But Outlook Express should be
Ok if your client has Win XP. Windows Live Mail if it’s Vista :smiling_imp: or Win 7 :smiley:

Also in Word/Excel 2007 & 2010 Std or Ent the email feature has to be added to
the ribbon bar, unlike earlier versions, where it’s in the file menu.

As for Thunderbird, I would have thought it would be fine with Orange, all you
should need are the SMPT and POP3 settings and account details.

Colingl:
I’m assuming he want to use Word/Excel as an email editor?

Depends on the version of Word/Excel. If it’s Home & Student then there is
No email client i.e. Outlook included with that version. But Outlook Express should be
Ok if your client has Win XP. Windows Live Mail if it’s Vista : twisted: or Win 7 :smiley:

Also in Word/Excel 2007 & 2010 Std or Ent the email feature has to be added to
The ribbon bar, unlike earlier versions, where it’s in the file menu.

As for Thunderbird, I would have thought it would be fine with Orange, all you
Should need are the SMPT and POP3 settings and account details.

That is what I am after although we are trying to avoid IE and Outlook because as I mentioned earlier “patience is not a virtue”

I have his computer for the day so i may just try a few different types.

Forgive any alterations to your post but I just found a cracking piece of software, it is like predictive text on a T9 phone. I am trialing it for another friend

Alterations forgiven, can’t stand predictive text! :imp:

I think your client needs to have their expections set…by you. :wink: Best endevours is a great GOOJF card. :smiley:
If communication is that vital, forget email, phone the bugger they want to communicate with.
If the version of MS Office is wrong and the correct version is needed, let me know via PM. :wink:

Hope you get it sorted.