em rogers

didn’t they use a few subbies in the 80’s - Mike Bennett , Paul Binns & David Collins are ones that spring to mind , notice that there ‘green’ fleet now seem to be all oldish motors :question: ,the new ones on kentvale - do they still do european work?

great pictures is your dad still with us :question: :question: :question: :question: because some stories would be great or tell us about your trips when you went with your dad mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Spent many a good hour with the rogers guys over the years who was the guy who subbed for them with the white foden sure his name was eddie?

Steve Rogers:
Spent many a good hour with the rogers guys over the years who was the guy who subbed for them with the white foden sure his name was eddie?

He was Eddie Stevens; Had a Foden 6x2 tag painted blue and white pulling for IFF containers out of Ipswick first then subbed for Wrefords Transport and Rogers. Ended up with a 6x2 twinsteer Foden Hi-roof 4700 (?) painted all in gold. Not bad looking really and went like stink!.. :unamused:

Cheers ash, yeh i remember eddie’s foden when blue and white nice guy really. Also countless weekends in carisio wiv various rogers guys there was also a scottish lad that drove for them think he lived in italy, didnt truck magazine do a ldd with a rogers lad never see it myself.

I’ve just finished working for Wrefords after seven years. For all that time Eddie was subbing there. If ever you see a gold high roof Foden 4000 series on an S plate pulling Robert Horne or Wrefords trailers between Northampton and Newcastle upon Tyne you’ll know for sure it’s him. He’s normally heading south on the M1 around 5-8 am time.

Been a while since anybody put anything on the Rogers thread, so hopefully this old picture will get things going again.

A couple here to keep the thread going

CZC00066-07.jpg
JLC00254-20.jpg

Thanks John. Here’s a couple more old uns from their website…

EM ROGERS.jpg

EM ROGERS 3.jpg

truckerash:
I know a couple of others on here, but dont think theres many more.
Here I am in my “prized” F10 - JSU 706Y ex Stuart Cameron Glasgow.

Was my first “proper” artic after starting at the bottom with Dodge 7.5 tonner then having a Seddy Akti 200 and a DAF 2100 rigid, then an F7 unit, a DAF 2800 then the F10.
Don’t know who took this pic, or where it was snapped (probably Canterbury/Dover area). In all the years i’ve been driving, never had a pic of “me”. Then my mate sends me this just a few weeks a go and asks; “you were on Rogers, do you know who this is?”… :unamused:
I was about 23 years old at the time. Check out the shiny wheels, stripey bumper, flags and theres even a “Brummie” which I painted in EMR colours on the dashboard. Was proud of that lot :smiley:
Just a shame I had trailer EMR 27 on. One of the oldest and tattyest on the fleet.

Hello Ash - hope you’re in rude health mate! Shame? It’s a 40-foot spread-axle tilt. You try and find one of those now! Rare as rocking-horse droppings. Robert :laughing:

I always thought it was a really great livery too! Robert

IMG-20120210-00059.jpg
tyu.jpg
ueor.jpg
warehouse 1.jpg

John and David Rogers, two of the nicest men in transport, proper gentlemen

Haven’t been in EM’s yard since 96. We used to collect special pallets for BP Italy form there the take them to Izmir in Turkey. Then we would reload them and take them back to Modena. Sometimes it’s better not to ask question.

Am I right in thinking that Mark Goddard “The Beast” used to park his F16 in EM’s yard.

Jeff…

sometimes ye then round the corner at kings haulage . iused to work 4 mick Bennett subbie no longer here nice guy

Jelliot:
Haven’t been in EM’s yard since 96. We used to collect special pallets for BP Italy form there the take them to Izmir in Turkey. Then we would reload them and take them back to Modena. Sometimes it’s better not to ask question.

Am I right in thinking that Mark Goddard “The Beast” used to park his F16 in EM’s yard.

Jeff…

Mark Goddard, I first worked with Mark back in 1973, use to go out drinking together. Haven’t seen him for some years.

truckerash:
I know a couple of others on here, but dont think theres many more.
Here I am in my “prized” F10 - JSU 706Y ex Stuart Cameron Glasgow.

Was my first “proper” artic after starting at the bottom with Dodge 7.5 tonner then having a Seddy Akti 200 and a DAF 2100 rigid, then an F7 unit, a DAF 2800 then the F10.
Don’t know who took this pic, or where it was snapped (probably Canterbury/Dover area). In all the years i’ve been driving, never had a pic of “me”. Then my mate sends me this just a few weeks a go and asks; “you were on Rogers, do you know who this is?”… :unamused:
I was about 23 years old at the time. Check out the shiny wheels, stripey bumper, flags and theres even a “Brummie” which I painted in EMR colours on the dashboard. Was proud of that lot :smiley:
Just a shame I had trailer EMR 27 on. One of the oldest and tattyest on the fleet.

Hey I think… Yes I know that poser !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: big Hello from Southampton Ash !!
R Jimmer

Dieseldog66:

Jelliot:

Jeff…

Mark Goddard, I first worked with Mark back in 1973, use to go out drinking together. Haven’t seen him for some years.

I knew him for the early Truckfest days and kept in touch, he had a big illness a few years ago and gave up the Germany stuff. I haven’t spoken to him for a few years though. Last I knew he was back driving an FM ( not sure if it was his or for someone ) but he was having lots of fun…

Jeff…

Some good stuff on here. There must be more: after all, EM Rogers drivers did some serious and exotic Continental work… Robert :slight_smile:

4766731-16837275-thumbnail.jpg