Elliots, cheltenham

Hay all, heard of a firm called elliots in cheltenham. Seem to run mainly skips, tipper etc. am Hoping someone on here may know some about them. Pay, hours, conditions, what staff like ? Any feed back would be apricated. Thay seem at first glance like a pritty up together company. Thanks

They were based out near Bishops Cleeve and did run a couple of pits of their own. I can’t imagine their wages are anything to shout about (“Gloucestershire wages” and all that).
I see them tipping muck and loading soft sand out of Hills quarries quite a bit. They used to run steel bodied tippers for muck and alloys for aggregates but I think they’re all steels used on both nowadays.

They are still based on Stoke Road which also has Grundon and Cory Wingmoor landfill sites within a few hundred yards.

All I can add to this is they like waving/giving thumbs up etc to us lot working for Smiths. Trucks seem clean and together from a glance. Not hugely helpful I realise. :frowning:

I would avoid like the plague, the boss is a nasty little poison dwarf who will stitch you up as soon as look at you, trouble seems to follow him around.

MrH:
I would avoid like the plague, the boss is a nasty little poison dwarf who will stitch you up as soon as look at you, trouble seems to follow him around.

Lol classic, I take it from you post you have worked there at some point ? How long ago was it ? Do you remember what the pay was like. How many people kinda work there ?

I have at least never seen them advertise for drivers So I kind of assumed it might be a good place if the staff tend to stay and thay don’t need to lok for new staff very offen. Thanks again for the feed back.

Never worked there but do know the boss personally and also lads who were totally stitched up when he folded the company having lost a fortune only to open up the same day having lost all the debts, lads were laid off and lost out, your call but personally I dislike people that do that to decent lads.

MrH:
Never worked there but do know the boss personally and also lads who were totally stitched up when he folded the company having lost a fortune only to open up the same day having lost all the debts, lads were laid off and lost out, your call but personally I dislike people that do that to decent lads.

Didn’t know that had gone on, you don’t remember when that happend ? I’m guessing thay didn’t get paid ?

MrH:

Glad you mentioned that they went bust and restarted. This was mentioned on a thread on (I think) the old time forum some years ago. IIRC they changed the livery for a bit, some trucks had “Elliot Muck” or similar on them. Apparently they had to do a lot muck work as their sand suppliers had been stitched up.