Ellen has done it.....Almost

In a quick call to race control Ellen reported that she has just changed down to the Solent from the Genoa but is still making 20 knots and is only 15 miles from the finish line. Her ETA is now between 2220 and 2230

That is Moday 7th Feb.

She did it.

Well done to ellen :smiley: and I have just seen ellen
on sky news this morning.

Awesome achievement, I have been following this on the website since December, i cant state enough how pleased i am for her.

Heard on the news that she is going to be made a Dame :smiley:
Well done to Ellen for a fantastic Achievement.
71 days on her own in those conditions is well impressive
(wonder how she’d handle the wait at an Argos RDC though! :laughing: )

I was delivering to the company who sponsered her yacht (boat , ship or whatever it is) and some numpty on a fork lift was complaining they would now have a boat to pay for as it had cost the company so much money.

If the ■■■■ had only realised how much advertising the company has had over the past few months he might just be thankful that they will hopefully see a turn up in profits as they seem to have been struggling lately.

jammymutt:
I was delivering to the company who sponsered her yacht (boat , ship or whatever it is) and some numpty on a fork lift was complaining they would now have a boat to pay for as it had cost the company so much money.

If the [zb] had only realised how much advertising the company has had over the past few months he might just be thankful that they will hopefully see a turn up in profits as they seem to have been struggling lately.

always 1 jammy lol and yes well done ellen :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

jammymutt:

Strange how they can find someone to sponsor who is capable of sailing round the world non stop but no one to employ who is capable of loading & unloading a trailer efficiently.

Daxi i deliver to B&Q every night nearly and have never had a problem with the forkies, :wink: apart from the night 2 guys had just passed their tests and it took both of them 3 hours to tip me but thats surely understandable?.

Well done Miss Macarthur!

Im proud of you :smiley: Whatever that knob James Whale thimks

Agree with you Wheel Nut about James Whale
What an amazing acheivement, she deserves a hell of a lot more respect and publicity for what she did. Its like someone on the radio said just after shed done it, theres 5 mins recognition, then its forgotten about, everything these days is football football football. :confused:

Wheel Nut:
Well done Miss Macarthur!

Im proud of you :smiley: Whatever that knob James Whale thimks

Shouldn’t that be Dame Macarthur?

I haven’t heard what James Whale has said about her, but I can guess. What is he famous for?

Another ebay classic HERE

Particularly one of the questions to the seller…

Dear Sir/Madam
My congratulations to you on getting a yacht to leave the UK on 28th November 2004, sail 27,354 miles around the world and arrive back 72 days later.
Could you please let me know when the kitchen I ordered 96 days ago will be arriving from your warehouse 13 miles away? Yours Sincerely…

:smiley: :smiley: