Elite Container Transport - (Leeds Depot)

Anyone have any opinion on these guys?, we got an formation pack from them but it neglected to mention the rates…would welcome any info on earning potential and general if anyone is subbing for them at moment…

I think shutlespanker is :question:
He will be along in a minuite. :wink: :smiley:

rates differ between ports best bet is to call Cath Forster (0121 503 4721)

she will give you rates

spanky has one on for them so might be able to shed some light on situation

psv8:
rates differ between ports best bet is to call Cath Forster ()

she will give you rates

spanky has one on for them so might be able to shed some light on situation

Try 0161 755 0000 as Birmingham is an unstaffed depot.

Cath is based in Manchester now.

Dont bother with leeds my dad has a truck on for them and its crap!!!One local a day thru the week down the road on friday traffic operators are poor not organized but it wont cost them if your truck earns nowt you just seem to be their incase they have too much work for there own trucks.The vehicle is com ing off this friday and going elsewhere .If they mess up with payments ie jobs missed or wrong rates thats how they stay cos they dont give a toss steer clear we certainly will be doing from now on!!!

i used to have a truck on for Elite Leeds depot, this was quite a while ago now though, when the depot first opened, the guy in charge, his name was Stuart and he was an ex-owner driver, with that in mind, you wuld have thought he would have looked after the subbies a little better, but no!

i had 2 different drivers on there, so it could not have been the driver at fault as i had complaints from both drivers about his attitude.

he was not interested how the load got there, just as long as it got there, one of my drivers got delayed on the A1 on the way to a delivery, he called to advise the planners, Stuarts reaction was " I don’t wan’t to know about your [zb] problems, i need the container there ontime!"

i had a couple of complaints about him regarding verbal abuse/abusive language towards the drivers too.

in the end, i phoned Stuart personally, had a good chat with him regarding some of these issues to try to resolve them, he came across as being a little arrogant, so it was decided that my only course of action was to fight fire with fire, so to speak, i told him in no uncertain terms that if he srore at any of my drivers again, i would personally go to see him and “knock his [zb] teeth right own his throat”

he seemed fine after that :wink:

i didn’t keep the truck on there much longer anyway :unamused:

after about 6 months, we had a phonecall from the guy who looks after the subbies for Elite, he came to see us, had a chat, and we decided to give Elite another chance, but this time working from Felixstowe, at one point, they had 2 trucks for a while, until it started to go very quiet, when i pulled them off.

i now have a truck on Elite out of Southampton depot, the driver is happy enough, they are happy with the driver, everything is going well, if anything, the earnings could be a little better though, but he is covering costs with some to spare :wink:

peterq5422:
Dont bother with leeds my dad has a truck on for them and its crap!!!One local a day thru the week down the road on friday traffic operators are poor not organized but it wont cost them if your truck earns nowt you just seem to be their incase they have too much work for there own trucks.The vehicle is com ing off this friday and going elsewhere .If they mess up with payments ie jobs missed or wrong rates thats how they stay cos they dont give a toss steer clear we certainly will be doing from now on!!!

would it not be possible to switch from Leeds depot to one of the major port depots, such as Southampton or Felixstowe and be ran from there, they would be able to get you back to Bradford (or there abouts) for the weekend, it would mean that you would be tramping though and not home every night

worth a thought if nothing else :wink:

oh, and don’t bother with the other blue/white brigade on Haigh Park Road :wink:

lol fire with fire spot on shuttle i like that one

lee mat:
lol fire with fire spot on shuttle i like that one

How you doing mate? don’t hear much from you these days

keeping busy? truck still going strong?

hope all is well with you :wink:

true enough shuttlespanker but managed to get on with a fledgling company in leeds so rates are better and plenty work as they are direct to the shipping company.Theres only four subbies at the minute and my dads mate runs the office so he gets looked after,they have been flat out fot the last 3 weeks which is something they havent been at elite for some time .Hopefully it will stay like this so will keep away from the bigboys for now !!Thanks for the thoughts though good luck

fine thanks shuttle so far so good i hope just plodding along keeping fingers crossed

Lee did you ever post a pic (not seen it ) is that you that often park’s up on the A41 by any cahnce■■?

Question well and truly answered, thanks for that…I did suspect but fact’s speak from themselves!! :smiley:

ridd, just because Leeds depot are a bunch of [zb’s] that does not mean they all are.

they are pretty good at Felixstowe and Southampton, not had much dealings with Manchester or Birmingham.

it might be worth giving them a go as long as you make it clear to them that you want to be ran from the port, not Leeds

i havent put a picture on yet was supposed to send it to shuttle so he could post it for me and no it aint me parking on the a41

lee mat:
i havent put a picture on yet was supposed to send it to shuttle so he could post it for me and no it aint me parking on the a41

well, come on then Lee, send it :confused:

Oh, and JD, ya took ya sweet time with the edits mate :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: