Electric Lead Repair?

Circumstances forced me into doing a couple of really sharp U turns during last nights shift, in the process of one of these turns the electrical suzie got caught on the ratchet handles on the corner of the trailer and pulled the cable out of the dual electrical connector leaving me with a complete, unbroken but detached lead which had seven exposed coloured wires on the end which had been pulled clean out from the connector. It looked a really easy fix but not having the know how or the tools I had to abandon the planned work and return to base without the empty trailer I was supposed to have picked up. I pulled out the single connector (red in the photo) and from what I could see removing four small screws would of given me access to the inside of the plug and the right place to reattached the wires - if I had of gone that far and removed the screws and opened up the plug end how difficult would it have been to find the correct location for the seven colour coded wires to reattach the lead? Are they colour coded inside or would I have been able to just match them up with the wires from the other lead?

Too late to change anything this time around but it might be handy to know for future reference.

This is the lead in question.

suzie.jpg

For the cost, its apparently as cheap to replace the whole cable than mess around buying and rewiring a new socket, as they are sealed for life plugs, just bin it and get the firm to give you a spare for future mishaps.
£22.50p + VAT for a brand new one, possibly cheaper in bulk.

Do a google search for the wiring diagram it’s an easy fix or put a spare in the cab. Spare air lines too.

If you hold the plug in your hand, looking in at the pins, the top pin is earth white wire, the two below it at either side are park lights brown and black.The 2 below this again are indicators yellow left, green right and the bottom pin is brake lights, red wire.
The centre pin is spare.
A repair to get you home is worth it.
A repair to last is not because chances are it will give trouble again and a new susie is not expensive

Found a picture

towingandtrailers.co.uk/shop/132/133/142/

towingandtrailers.co.uk/shop … -table.jpg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_stand … connectors

youtube.com/watch?v=SM1h2_5MEec

tridentuk.com/gb/kbase/trailer-wiring.html

Keep in Mind that some have White for Earth,but other may have Brown for Earth

The OP has pulled out the lead from the iso 15 pin connection. He needs a diagram for that one.

If you do this repair make sure that the indicators are right think that is the only prob putting this back together :blush:

Both ends are identical so remove the cover off the other end and wire it up the same.

BUNGIE

Deeireland:
BUNGIE

What’s a budgie got to do with it :confused:

Eh.

Nothing

Deeireland:
Eh.

Nothing

It okay, just me being a ■■■■■■ :wink: :laughing:

Drift:

Deeireland:
Eh.

Nothing

It okay, just me being a ■■■■■■ :wink: :laughing:

Put the Stella down and step away from the keyboard! :grimacing:

:laughing: I am sick of the stuff, this is just me getting back to normal :blush:

Prevention is better than cure is it not?

Just steal one off the first foreigner you see

one lad at the last place I worked used to take home all the damaged electrical suzies (and there were a lot), repair them and sell them back to the boss at a tenner a time.

Honked:
The OP has pulled out the lead from the iso 15 pin connection. He needs a diagram for that one.

That would be correct. :smiley:

Deeireland:
Prevention is better than cure is it not?

I am not sure what I could of done any different. :confused:

a good Driver is able to solve a Problem. :bulb:
a Steering-wheel Attendant calls the Workshop :exclamation:

Just ask or google for it :grimacing: