Elderly drivers

Not too keen on Piers Morgan, but I agree with him on this.
youtu.be/c25Blp6oMLg

robroy:
youtu.be/c25Blp6oMLg

+1

peterm:

robroy:
youtu.be/c25Blp6oMLg

+1

Everytime I see traffic cops the elderly people are treated with respect whereas the youngsters are never treated with respected.
I saw some old folk on trafficcops get a stern telling off for driving the wrong way down a road.

The police tend to that older people with more respect.

Let’s not forget he is also a ww2 vet not just the Duke of Edinburgh.
Let’s also not forget he started driving before there were seatbelts.
The guy is soo non pc and anti h&s Bs I cant help but admire him.
Shame that when he and the Queen die he will be replaced by his dopey son who probably cycles everywhere with a crash helmet and high vis.

Just been on the news that Phil has given up his car licence.

wonder what happened to that guy who was selling the bits from the crash on ebay?. never heard from again!

Phil took care of him with his new car.

Prince Philip will not be prosecuted over crash:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47236607

The CPS says it decided that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute the duke.

Chris Long, Chief Crown Prosecutor from CPS East of England, said: “We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving licence.”

mrginge:

The CPS says it decided that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute the duke.

Chris Long, Chief Crown Prosecutor from CPS East of England, said: “We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving licence.”

Quite right, under the circumstances. He is being treated exactly the same as the majority of drivers involved in an accident.

mrginge:

Seems fair to me.
Since he’s given up his licence there is no further risk from any bad driving.
He isn’t being let off because of who he is; equally he shouldn’t get extra punishment because of being in the public eye.
No point in an expensive court case.

Apparently having admitted fault the victims can persue damages in the normal way.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk