Elderly drivers

Ok she aint no beaut, but would you say the same if it was some young fit bird with her baby in the car, or your Mrs or daughter?

She does right milking it imo, the ■■■■ Royals and all their distant relatives have milked the country for generations.
Whatever she makes out of it will be a miniscule drop in a gigantic ocean in comparison.

And of course there should be a maximum driving age or at the very least a periodical asessment, how can anybody irrespective of class have the same faculties at 97 years old ffs.

• 1.If you see how Phil the Greek has performed over the years i am inclined to the opinion that his ‘‘faculties’’ have been somewhat erratic since childhood.
    I wonder if Kia will present a new car to the lady involved in the accident,just to show ‘‘we are all equal,no favouritism’’. :laughing:

robroy:
Ok she aint no beaut, but would you say the same if it was some young fit bird with her baby in the car, or your Mrs or daughter?

I don’t have a issue with what she looks like but what she said.
Edit: I used the word trollop without knowing what it means. :laughing: it just seemed to fit my bad.

__The problem is we are the worst possible critics of ourselves. We all* fail to see many of our faults. Self policing and relying on self assessment hasnt resulted in all poor drivers leaving our roads so far. And who is going to say "Im a bad driver and a danger, but Ill continue anyway"?__ **Many of those stupid manoeuvres we see daily, arent knowingly made, most are made by those who are unaware of the danger they put themselves in.**
Sorry Peterm, but you and everyone else are NOT** the best judge of when to give up driving yourselves.
Good though it is no Politician is going to take up Tony Ress idea: pay more to drive because of extra tests. Have a licence refused "Ive been driving 50yrs and never …etc". Few votes in that. Nanny State moaners who would rather have the freedom to share the road with incompetents. Maybe lives will be saved, and a few who have lost relatives will vote for that law, but more will get upset at having their driving competence questioned.

Best post by a long way…and oh so true!

Seems that his highness…or sideness as it were, was indeed made to take a DVLA eyesight test that he passed with flying colours…turns out, thats the first thing hes passed all day…ha ha …but factually true.

Tony Res:
I believe everyone should have to retake their test to renew their licence every 10 years and every 5 years over 70, that would ensure everyone was up to a standard and would weed out the nightmares, young simpletons, old ■■■■■, foreigners who have never taken a proper test or had someone else do it for them.

It would make the roads safer and expand the driving instructor industry…

Actually I doubt that tests every few years would change anything as far as dangerous drivers are concerned.

I suspect that most accidents are not caused by peoples inability to drive they’re caused by people who choose to behave like idiots or simply let their concentration wonder while driving.

Personally I’d be in favour of a basic medical and driver assessment every few years to ensure people know how they should deal with certain situations (joining duel carriageways and motorways springs to mind), though for medicals it would need an agreement for your medical records to be seen by whoever was doing the medical because there’s no way GPs could do it.

There’s no good reason why there should be an age limit on driving, I’m sorry to let facts stand in the way of ageism but there’s evidence to show that people under the age of 25 are involved in the most accidents so should we put up the minimum age of driving to 25 ?

By the way Is there any evidence to show that foreign drivers don’t take tests or get someone else to take it for them ?

she might be a munter,but she was the passenger so no matter who s to blame,she will get a payout from the insurance company.
we dont seem to be hearing much from the driver??
if it was me it would be 1 simple statement to the royals toadys*.
1 million quid into my bank account by close of day,and you will be praised to the heavens for the media.
if not il slaughter you to the best of my ability and il take what i can squeeze from fleet street…simple as that.deal or no deal. :wink:

cav551:

adam277:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philips-crash-victim-reveals-13882041

What a self entitled trollop.
Can see she is milking it for all its worth.

What a state to get into. It hit every branch. :stuck_out_tongue:

She a stunner for a norfock gal.

dieseldog999:
she might be a munter,but she was the passenger so no matter who s to blame,she will get a payout from the insurance company.
we dont seem to be hearing much from the driver??
if it was me it would be 1 simple statement to the royals toadys*.
1 million quid into my bank account by close of day,and you will be praised to the heavens for the media.
if not il slaughter you to the best of my ability and il take what i can squeeze from fleet street…simple as that.deal or no deal. :wink:

It may work as long as she is not caught in a tunnel :smiley:

Apparently he’s been photographed today not wearing a seat belt . Will the law come down on him ? I don’t think so .

Franglais:

Tony Res:
I believe everyone should have to retake their test to renew their licence every 10 years and every 5 years over 70, that would ensure everyone was up to a standard and would weed out the nightmares, young simpletons, old ■■■■■, foreigners who have never taken a proper test or had someone else do it for them.

It would make the roads safer and expand the driving instructor industry…

peterm:
yes I have thought about how I’ll drive when I get older, and the same as Gidders, I’m coming up to 72, still fully competent and capable of keeping up with the traffic. When the time comes, I’ll know when to give it away.

The problem is we are the worst possible critics of ourselves. We all* fail to see many of our faults. Self policing and relying on self assessment hasnt resulted in all poor drivers leaving our roads so far. And who is going to say "Im a bad driver and a danger, but Ill continue anyway"? Many of those stupid manoeuvres we see daily, arent knowingly made, most are made by those who are unaware of the danger they put themselves in.
Sorry Peterm, but you and everyone else are NOT** the best judge of when to give up driving yourselves.

Good though it is no Politician is going to take up Tony Ress idea: pay more to drive because of extra tests. Have a licence refused "Ive been driving 50yrs and never …etc". Few votes in that. Nanny State moaners who would rather have the freedom to share the road with incompetents. Maybe lives will be saved, and a few who have lost relatives will vote for that law, but more will get upset at having their driving competence questioned.

*all: well, mostly anyway.
**Maybe Peterm is actually the only perfect person here… besides me?

I agree Franglais. We’re not the best judges of our ability, but my friends and relatives will soon tell me. I’m not so arrogant to ignore the warnings, either of an experience on the road or what someone else says. I contacted main road (equivalent to DVSA) when I copped a head injury and they took my hgv licence away. The reason I got a bit hot under the collar in my reply to jts was his condescending, arrogant and assuming attitude. It’s a lot better if someone like yourself puts his point across sensibly.
I also agree about us two being the only perfect ones here. :wink:

Now the woman is doing TV interviews. :unamused: :unamused:

adam277:

She’s playing the victim and her latest interview on This Morning was cringe worthy imo.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

adam277:

She’s playing the victim and her latest interview on This Morning was cringe worthy imo.

Sent from my mobile.

Like I said…Good luck to her.

robroy:

tachograph:

adam277:

Sent from my mobile.

Like I said…Good luck to her.

She IS the victim, or one of them anyway. Call her what you like, but she was sitting in a car doing nothing wrong when, bang, some bloody idiot pulls out and wrecks the car she, the driver and a baby were in. Things like this affect different people in different ways. Phil’ the Greek must have felt like a Brisbane bus driver; smash one up and they send another one out for you to carry on. Not so for the car driver I’d bet.

She was involved in a road accident and that can be traumatic, she suffered a broken wrist but she seems to be most upset that the duke of Edinburgh hasn’t phoned her.

People are hurt in accidents every day but they don’t all feel the need to go on tv milking it,

Sent from my mobile.

for what reason would be not be hearing from the bint that was driving her?

tachograph:
She was involved in a road accident and that can be traumatic, she suffered a broken wrist but she seems to be most upset that the duke of Edinburgh hasn’t phoned her.

People are hurt in accidents every day but they don’t all feel the need to go on tv milking it,

+1

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

Maybe she’s trying to make a one man (or one woman :smiley: ) stand against the ridiculous feudal class system that is still prevalent in this country, where it’s one rule for us and one rule for them.
You can sure as hell bet if it was your or my 97 yr old Granda that pulled out in front of somebody dangerously, and then next day was seen without a belt on, he would have had the book chucked at him.

Under normal circumstances things would be different, but epecially as it was a high profile member of the Royals, a bit of after the event courtesy and concern should have been displayed, if only for the sake of a bit of PR.

robroy:

tachograph:

Sent from my mobile.

Maybe she’s trying to make a one man (or one woman :smiley: ) stand against the ridiculous feudal class system that is still prevalent in this country, where it’s one rule for us and one rule for them.
You can sure as hell bet if it was your or my 97 yr old Granda that pulled out in front of somebody dangerously, and then next day was seen without a belt on, he would have had the book chucked at him.

Under normal circumstances things would be different, but epecially as it was a high profile member of the Royals, a bit of after the event courtesy and concern should have been displayed, if only for the sake of a bit of PR.

Thank you. That was the point I was trying (badly) to make.