Elation

I told you all my good news would come at once.

Just had a phone call from the TM of the company that John (LGVTrainer) posted a couple of weeks ago. He said he was happy to give me a trial. His boss was a little more sceptical about being a couple of hundred miles away and he would have to run my relocation past them first.

However, subject to these talks going smoothly, I will be offered a trial. I will know on Friday what the outcome of the talks will be.

Fingers crossed for me everyone please :smiley:

Good luck

hey Dar,
I sent my details off for that one and at the moment I’m living in France; now that’s what I call a commute!
Anyway as a complete novice still looking for my very first drive I don’t really expect to hear back from them.

BEST OF LUCK, REALLY HOPE YOU GET IT AND i DON’T SEE WHY YOU SHOULDN’T.

So what if you have a long commute? It’s not like we don’t like driving!

Got everything crossed for you mate; fingers, toes, even my eyes.

All the best Rich All the best Rich

(sorry bout that, gotta uncross my eyes now)

Initially will be a long commute and staying in b&b.

They were quite happy to accept applicants with little or no experience.

Maybe you will get a call soon.

Oh and complete jealousy. I bet you are on the beach sunning yourself and updating on your mobile :wink:

Thanks Rich and Denis. Everyone’s support on here is just fantastic :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Excellent news there Dean! Nice one. I’m chuffed for ya. :smiley: I really hope it all goes well.

Well done Dean and I hope you get the result we’re all hoping for :slight_smile:

Great news Dean! Yet another demonstration that it’s not all doom and gloom. Look forward to the update and all the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one Dean, fingers crossed for Friday. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice one Dean, I take it was the one in Essex that we both spoke above.

You said they had been wading through the CV’s! I never heard a bean back from them, not even thanks but no thanks, but hey Employers are the choosy ones these days. Can’t blame them as they must recieve hundreds and so the postage must be a fortune too if they were to respond that I was unsuccessful.

There should be some reasonable B&B’s around here if not there’s a good premier round here. Not sure if you have family or not but there’s some good flats for sale round where I live in a village about 3.5 miles from the yard. Look forward to hearing when you are successful and a fully fledge employee in a very short time with them!!! Here’s to good new on Friday :grimacing:

C

Nice one Dean, all the best with the trial, hope it goes well.

Have been in contact for most of today with TM and have an interview / meeting on Saturday.

Looks like all systems go. No guarantees still but Job description looks good and pay is reasonable too.

So all in all, I am really pleased and will let you know how Saturday goes :slight_smile:

I think this is great news. Not just for Dean, but for all us newbies.

It just goes to show that the gloom and doom merchants (and I have been one recently) can be proved wrong.

Best of luck on Saturday Dean, I am sure you’ve got what it takes.

Cheers,
LandyLad

gosling72000:
Nice one Dean, I take it was the one in Essex that we both spoke above.

Yes it is the people in Essex.

You said they had been wading through the CV’s! I never heard a bean back from them, not even thanks but no thanks, but hey Employers are the choosy ones these days. Can’t blame them as they must recieve hundreds and so the postage must be a fortune too if they were to respond that I was unsuccessful.

Yes that was how the land lay at the time. Sorry to hear you have had no response. Maybe they will keep you on file… Maybe I will be unsuccessful even at this stage. Don’t give up. Something will turn up.

There should be some reasonable B&B’s around here if not there’s a good premier round here. Not sure if you have family or not but there’s some good flats for sale round where I live in a village about 3.5 miles from the yard. Look forward to hearing when you are successful and a fully fledge employee in a very short time with them!!! Here’s to good new on Friday :grimacing:

G

I have been doing some research and yes I found Premier Inn and quite a few rooms to let.

Yes I will be leaving family behind during the week. But I need to work as not working is making me irritable and grouchy. I know what others have said about the pitfalls of family and working away not gelling. But I have thought it through and it is the best for everyone concerned.

Oh and they do international work too so who knows? Maybe I’ll be over the water with a couple of years under my belt :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the support from everyone. It’s much appreciated :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

dar1976:
Yes it is the people in Essex.

That is really good to hear you are seriously being considered by them though, which is a mean feat in itself!

dar1976:
Yes that was how the land lay at the time. Sorry to hear you have had no response. Maybe they will keep you on file… Maybe I will be unsuccessful even at this stage. Don’t give up. Something will turn up.

No worries about the above bud, my approach was speculative, as they were so close and I knew of them well and what they did.

I went on a wing and a prayer, knowing full well my current job (completely unrelated) would put them off, my lack of current experience and not having been behind a wheel commerically since 2009 :laughing:

I still have work and I’ve planned my quit calendar and proposed training plan too. E.g. Saving for it all and actually completing it! I’ll get there but only in 2014 :unamused: :laughing:

dar1976:
I know what others have said about the pitfalls of family and working away not gelling

Loads of us have done it in construction and of course in haulage goes without saying. Most come through stronger, as they understand the more “reliable” money coming in nowadays etc. Maybe not during the boom, but a lot of people’s attitude’s have changed on this front now.

I knew they did international and obviously with their size too and what they do it makes a lot of sense, but I don’t know if I’d be brave enough for that yet! However go grab it bud, oppportunities like that have to be taken if offered! :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything crossed and I’m wishing you the best of luck for Friday, you must have impressed them to be informed they are talking about you! :sunglasses:

C

Good luck Dean. Hope all goes well for you. :slight_smile:

dar1976:
Have been in contact for most of today with TM and have an interview / meeting on Saturday.

Good luck with that, I hope it goes well for you :wink:

Best of luck Big Man :slight_smile:

Hi Dean,
Don’t know if you know them already but try spareroom.co.uk That’s who I am going to use when I move over to the UK looking for work. I will be moving in the second half of Feb And was going to try Nuneaton/Rugby area for digs as that is the area that has been recommended as the most likely to get work. If anyone has any suggestions for a better area please let me know.

Once again good luck for Fri, oh, by the way are you going for a class 1 job, I know that’s what you want?

Rich

Just read my last post and it’s not clear. the website is for finding digs or rooms, not for work.

Rich

Yeah Rich. Kinda got that impression from the web address :wink:

It’s a Class 1 job although not sure if it’s the trunk run that was originally advertised.

All to be discussed / negotiated on Saturday