Ejector trailer

Would this eject 20 ton or so of type 1 stone if it was loaded not too far forward?
boughtonengineering.com/ejec … ailers.asp

I am sure it would, but why would you want to ?

It will but it wont take long for debries to get loged under the blade and in the runners and it will jam up.
If you cant have a tipping trailer a walking floor would be a better bet

Tarmac duck:

I was after something for various load types, ie chicken muck, maize, compost and a bit of stone but I have no hydraulics and can buy a good ejector for 9k ish with a donkey engine, in relation to spending 2k on hydraulics and 25k on an almost shagged walking floor trailer.

puntabrava:

Tarmac duck:

I was after something for various load types, ie chicken muck, maize, compost and a bit of stone but I have no hydraulics and can buy a good ejector for 9k ish with a donkey engine, in relation to spending 2k on hydraulics and 25k on an almost shagged walking floor trailer.

Is the stone for just your use? You’d probably be better off paying the haulage on it if it was rather than shagging the ejector trI

kr79:
It will but it wont take long for debries to get loged under the blade and in the runners and it will jam up.
If you cant have a tipping trailer a walking floor would be a better bet

Agree, ejectors are ok for rubbish, recycling even metal, but the smaller stuff will get jammed up under the blade & anywhere else it can hide.

Tipper Tom:

puntabrava:

Tarmac duck:

Is the stone for just your use? You’d probably be better off paying the haulage on it if it was rather than shagging the ejector trI

My own use but have excavators for contract work so have a fair requirement, maybe its not the ideal trailer, I did have a thought that the quarry would struggle to reach over the side :laughing:

18 grand buys a lot of haulage and the ejector trailer sounds cheap enough at that

You can get walking floors with a donkey engine now, newton trailers do them for sale or hire, probly still be pricey though

In my opinion, too heavy, too slow and too complicated. If money was not too much of an issue, I would get a decent bodybuilder to knock you up a tipping trailer with minimal interior intrusions, recessed load securing rings and barn doors. All you need then is a two-tonne pallet truck and you’re in business to carry most things. I did a similar thing years ago and managed quite well, hauling coal from S.Wales to London and the home counties and palletised goods as a return load. The only two ball-aches that I found were, 1) securing the pump truck vertically on one of the doors and 2) having the floor made of extra thick aluminium in order to prevent your friendly local loading shovel driver making dents- not good for the pallet truck. And, of course, you won’t have enough cube for a full load of pallets.

Retired Old ■■■■:
In my opinion, too heavy, too slow and too complicated. If money was not too much of an issue, I would get a decent bodybuilder to knock you up a tipping trailer with minimal interior intrusions, recessed load seguring rings and barn doors. All you need then is a two-tonne pallet truck and you’re in business to carry most things. I did a similar thing years ago and managed quite well, hauling coal from S.Wales to London and the home counties and palletised goods as a return load. The only two ball-aches that I found were, 1) securing the pump truck vertically on one of the doors and 2) having the floor made of extra thick aluminium in order to prevent your friendly local loading shovel driver making dents- not good for the pallet truck. And, of course, you won’t have enough cube for a full load of pallets.

I went to look at three end of contract ejectors but the seller must of sold the one he used in the advert because you could ride a donkey between the pusher and the bowed sides of these trailers :smiley: , would be just nice to have a trailer that will do most jobs but not cost 75k, looks like a Fruehauf tipper for me.

Now your talking! :laughing:

Used ejectors will be at best very tired, assuming they have been working on waste/recycling.
Much of the waste industry has moved onto walking floor, which is slower to push waste out than an ejector, but you can use for palletised goods as a backload (just make sure the body is cleaned out after tipping - which will be a tough job if you have been on waste!)

I used to run a number of ejectors, all with lombardini donkey engines. Mostly ok, but you have to make sure you clean out behind the blade regularly!
One of mine didn’t (after hauling coarse wood chip) which resulted in an engine fire, knackering the engine and hydraulics. We didn’t haul wood after that!!

Hope that helps…

dsbu:
Used ejectors will be at best very tired, assuming they have been working on waste/recycling.
Much of the waste industry has moved onto walking floor, which is slower to push waste out than an ejector, but you can use for palletised goods as a backload (just make sure the body is cleaned out after tipping - which will be a tough job if you have been on waste!)

I used to run a number of ejectors, all with lombardini donkey engines. Mostly ok, but you have to make sure you clean out behind the blade regularly!
One of mine didn’t (after hauling coarse wood chip) which resulted in an engine fire, knackering the engine and hydraulics. We didn’t haul wood after that!!

Hope that helps…

Thanks for your reply, yes it seems the first part of your post is very true :smiley:

you can definetly get walking floors with donkeys on these days, super silent aswell ones ive seen have been hatz deisel’s. failing that what is ur unit?

truckers boy:
you can definetly get walking floors with donkeys on these days, super silent aswell ones ive seen have been hatz deisel’s. failing that what is ur unit?

Scania r480