Ejecting your Tacho card at the end of your shift?

Wildy:

Suedehead:

Wildy:
If the card is left in you should do a manual entry for ‘End country’ at end of each shift and another for ‘Begin country’ at start of next shift.

Absolute load of Horlicks

legislation.gov.uk/eur/2014/165/article/34

Quote:The driver shall enter in the digital tachograph the symbols of the countries in which the daily working period started and finished

Also: It shall not be necessary for drivers to enter the information referred to in the first subparagraph if the tachograph is automatically recording location data in accordance with Article 8.]

Franglais beat me to it.

And when in Spain, it’s not just E but a regional code as well.

OwenMoney:

Wildy:

Suedehead:

Wildy:
If the card is left in you should do a manual entry for ‘End country’ at end of each shift and another for ‘Begin country’ at start of next shift.

Absolute load of Horlicks

legislation.gov.uk/eur/2014/165/article/34

Quote:The driver shall enter in the digital tachograph the symbols of the countries in which the daily working period started and finished

Also: It shall not be necessary for drivers to enter the information referred to in the first subparagraph if the tachograph is automatically recording location data in accordance with Article 8.]

Franglais beat me to it.

Ah…but for the old days when we could put what we wanted on the disc…
“ES. N1. Pk259”
And the boss didn`t know where you were weekending! :smiley:

Mine goes in Sunday or Monday whenever I start and doesn’t come out till Friday , and has done for the last 14 years , never had a problem

OwenMoney:

And to think that the whole idea of the eu is that it is all one country for trade purposes… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Harry Monk:

OwenMoney:

And to think that the whole idea of the eu is that it is all one country for trade purposes… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve no idea why but that’s the rule. Just being informative to the great unwashed. Nothing to do with the eu for trade purposes.

OwenMoney:

Harry Monk:

OwenMoney:

I’ve no idea why but that’s the rule. Just being informative to the great unwashed. Nothing to do with the eu for trade purposes.

Pretty much “the exception that proves the rule”?
Having the same rules all over makes life easier doesn`t it?

Harry is showing us how more integration is better. :smiley:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Harry Monk:

OwenMoney:

Pretty much “the exception that proves the rule”?
Having the same rules all over makes life easier doesn`t it?

Harry is showing us how more integration is better. :smiley:

I guess the bottom line is “Spain is Spain” and if Spain want drivers to make regional entries on their tachographs then they are perfectly entitled to over-ride generally accepted eu tachograph rules. Fair play to them for ignoring the eu on this.

I’m sure that if Spain were a net contributor to the eu rather than being a net recipient then they would have blown the eu out years ago.

I don’t see how it could be illegal for a day driver to eject their card as what happens to 24 hour operations? I drive nights, someone else drives days - do they really think VOSA would bother to figure out the difference? Totally impractical for the value.

As for keys, I guarantee there’s another set. What happens if you were ill, broke down, quit etc. Am surprised they let you take the keys. If there’s a shunter, they will know where they are.

RichardJ:
Good evening All,
I’ve been talking to one of our drivers recently who insists that it is illegal to leave your card in over night as a day driver or tramper, even if you set the mode to rest. I’ve searched the internet but can’t find any clarification so thought I would ask the question?
TIA

He’s talking out of his arse tell him. I tramp. Leave my card in all week. I have been pulled twice in the last year. And had no problems at all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wildy:

Why?. I don’t. Have been pulled twice in the last year with no problems on my card.

If you have the keys so there is no chance of anyone else driving the truck, I can’t see a problem and certainly there is no law about it.
As far as the “£30 a wind of the trailer legs” goes, I always comment that it’s a good job the handle was in high gear, or it could cost thousands!

RichardJ:
Good evening All,
I’ve been talking to one of our drivers recently who insists that it is illegal to leave your card in over night as a day driver or tramper, even if you set the mode to rest. I’ve searched the internet but can’t find any clarification so thought I would ask the question?
TIA

Where do these people come from? F me is this the level we are now at?

You’ve just parked up for the weekend.

Now let’s say you want to use your solo cab to go down the chippy, as there are no eateries where you’ve parked up, let alone toilet facilities or showers…

IF you leave your card in during the weekly rest - then if you move the vehicle, you’re going to get an infringement.
BUT… If you pop your card, and you then use the solo tractor to go anywhere - it will be moved some miles that are “off card” - something that a periodic vehicle digiunit download will throw up as a discrepancy that can get put towards an ‘O’ licence being taken away…

So my big question is

“Why TF do people like Trampers - put up with this crap at all?”

Harry Monk:
I’m sure that if Spain were a net contributor to the eu rather than being a net recipient then they would have blown the eu out years ago.

If you want to go over to the Brexit thread?

edd1974:
I worked for a place one they said on night out eject your card as otherwise it screw’s up there tacho download…don’t ask me how.

Not so much the download, but I think if they use Tachomaster it can cause disparities. Something to do with linked days if memory serves rightly.

When I worked for ForFarmers I used to leave the card in on a night out and was then told not to; eject it and do a manual entry for the rest period they said. Have done so ever since, no issues.

Harry Monk:
It’s not illegal to leave the card in overnight, in France particularly they have preferred this since the days of waxed paper tachograph cards. You are recording your activity, which is “rest” so why would that be illegal?

Did your mate also tell you that if you don’t wind the trailer legs fully upwards, it’s a £10/ £35/ £50 (insert other random amount here) fine for every turn of the handle?

He can’t afford the fine due to excess purchase of pink chalk.

Harry Monk:

OwenMoney:

I guess the bottom line is “Spain is Spain” and if Spain want drivers to make regional entries on their tachographs then they are perfectly entitled to over-ride generally accepted eu tachograph rules. Fair play to them for ignoring the eu on this.

Spain wanted (no idea why) Regions as well as Country entry, so, that was written into the EU regs.
The Spanish regions come up as options on digi tachos. Its all built in to EU approved tachos. Spain isnt ignoring, nor over-riding, any rules, nor is it making any up.

Here are the Region codes on the EU site
dtc.jrc.ec.europa.eu/dtc_spain_ … es.php.htm

Ed
For those with access to Tacho simulators, try it: Enter “E” as End Country and follow it through.

Nozza:

Wildy:

Why?. I don’t. Have been pulled twice in the last year with no problems on my card.

You are right. It’s one of them things that’s overlooked. Merely putting the mode on bed at the end of a shift will not get you into any trouble, but the correct method is as above.

They used to turn a blind eye to 45 hours weekend rest in a vehicle remember?

Winseer:
You’ve just parked up for the weekend.

Now let’s say you want to use your solo cab to go down the chippy, as there are no eateries where you’ve parked up, let alone toilet facilities or showers…

IF you leave your card in during the weekly rest - then if you move the vehicle, you’re going to get an infringement.
BUT… If you pop your card, and you then use the solo tractor to go anywhere - it will be moved some miles that are “off card” - something that a periodic vehicle digiunit download will throw up as a discrepancy that can get put towards an ‘O’ licence being taken away…

So my big question is

“Why TF do people like Trampers - put up with this crap at all?”

No dramas, you just phone for a taxi to take you downtown at weekend, and if you fancy a change from cab cooking, order a takeaway delivery by phone.
Or better still… Use a bit of common and park within walking distance of facilities. :bulb: :unamused:

So basically no ‘‘crap to put up with’’ in said scenario if you don’t wait to the last second of your driving time to park up for weekend, but use a bit of time to check the place out.

Btw I put my card in beginning of my week and take it out at end of last day…always have done.

the maoster:

Nozza:

Wildy:

You are right. It’s one of them things that’s overlooked. Merely putting the mode on bed at the end of a shift will not get you into any trouble, but the correct method is as above.

They used to turn a blind eye to 45 hours weekend rest in a vehicle remember?

Yes.
It is correct to enter Start and End countries. It is there in black and white.

And like doing 35 in a 30 limit, or going 5 mins over a drive, it most often won`t lead to any problems. But very occasionally some will get a bust for 5mph over, or 5mins over, some will get a bust for not entering start/end country.

Having been one of the few to get such a rare bust, I don`t want to be caught again: I pop the card every time to force myself to make the correct entries.
Busts may be very rare, but do happen.