Ejecting tacho card

Hello and thanks for the add…
I’ve been driving for a company for 6 weeks now and every time I’ve ejected my tacho card I’ve never changed it to break but only jus realised in the manual it says change to break b4 ejecting…
I’ve never had messages come up saying break is due or anything so just didn’t realise…
Does anyone know if it would of been recording my hrs as other work and taking my average working hrs through the roof…thanks…

As long as your doing manual entries it don’t really matter.
I’ve said before I read an official document by the manufacturer saying to put it on break etc but couldn’t find it.

That’s the thing m8 I ain’t been doin manual entries I usually just put me card in and drive putting in breaks as I go through day and then just take it out at the end of shift…
It wasn’t till I read this piece in the manual I thought **** ill just make sure I put it on break from now on b4 I take it out and hope for best…cheers for the reply :slight_smile:

I’m not sure that actually says what you think. It doesn’t mention ejecting the card - that’s just saying don’t forget to select the bed symbol for a break or at the e d of the shift.

However - it is good practice to select bed before ejecting, and it does actually say so somewhere in the book but generally it makes no odds.

Best bet is get in the habit of a manual entry on logging in and record your rest - takes a few seconds. Then there’s no question of it being right.

If you want any further help PM me.

Cheers for that m8 I should of took a picture of the page bigger it is under the topic withdrawal of the card…but another driver I work with has said he hasn’t ever done it for 17 months he been driving so maybe it’s all good…think I need to read up more on it as the place that taught me was a bit of a shambles saying just put it in and drive no mention of manual entries…we had to use torches on our phones to do module 4 which lasted ten minutes training b4 the test in pitch black so it’s all been a rush…appreciate the help mate cheers :slight_smile:

If it helps I rarely do manual entries and never select bed before ejecting my card and I’ve never had a problem… Or anything said. Only infringement I’ve had to sign was from when I first started and that was smudging the date on one of my analogue tacho discs :slight_smile: Ryan.

NELSON76:
That’s the thing m8 I ain’t been doin manual entries I usually just put me card in and drive putting in breaks as I go through day and then just take it out at the end of shift…
It wasn’t till I read this piece in the manual I thought **** ill just make sure I put it on break from now on b4 I take it out and hope for best…cheers for the reply :slight_smile:

I’ve done that for the last 8 years, been stopped by vosa and it’s never been mentioned… Same as not taking at least 15 minutes in a morning at the start of a shift!

yt03:

NELSON76:

I’ve done that for the last 8 years, been stopped by vosa and it’s never been mentioned… Same as not taking at least 15 minutes in a morning at the start of a shift!

I got the impression the initial 15 mins at the start of a shift is to set it on ‘other work’ for you vehicle checks? although saying that, the 15 minutes isn’t set in stone: should take less time to do vehicle checks on a C1 or C than it would do on a CE.

I guess manual entries aren’t a problem if you’re used to a specific make of tacho unit, but as there are a few different ones on the market (and these digi tacho’s are all new to me) I’m looking to put it on bed before I take it out and have it on bed when I put it in.

I’ve been using tachos for the last year and only recently learned how to do it properly. Working for several different companies a week via agency work you dont always finish in the same way. For example you can park the truck up, eject your card, report to the office and they get you to take labels back over to the warehouse. This is other work and the next time you put your card in you have to do a manual entry to add this other work and then account for the rest you took afterwards bringing you up to the time you arrived at work and did a bit of other work before you put your card in. By the time you ok it all you might have had to account for three activities ie ow, rest & ow before you start driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy_s:

yt03:

NELSON76:

I got the impression the initial 15 mins at the start of a shift is to set it on ‘other work’ for you vehicle checks? although saying that, the 15 minutes isn’t set in stone: should take less time to do vehicle checks on a C1 or C than it would do on a CE.

I guess manual entries aren’t a problem if you’re used to a specific make of tacho unit, but as there are a few different ones on the market (and these digi tacho’s are all new to me) I’m looking to put it on bed before I take it out and have it on bed when I put it in.

Yeah I’m on about the 15 minutes on other work at start of a shift, I’ve never been pulled up onit… I have my own wagon which I don’t share so I don’t particularly need 15 minutes!

Never used to but now make a habit of it as I use the same vehicle I know how long I have had break ( do night out ) so never too short

I’ve been driving for a week now and noticed different tachos are setup to record differently when you turn the engine off. The Seimens ones went to other work, so good idea to set as “break”, but the Stoneridge one I’m currently using automatically goes break on ignition off which is handy (have gotten home several times and paniced).

trevHCS:
I’ve been driving for a week now and noticed different tachos are setup to record differently when you turn the engine off. The Seimens ones went to other work, so good idea to set as “break”, but the Stoneridge one I’m currently using automatically goes break on ignition off which is handy (have gotten home several times and paniced).

You can set the Seimens up like that I had 1 that changed mode every time you either took keys out or put back in & turned keys round so had to start break then leave key alone or would have to start all over again