Ego's

I have been a member of Trucknet for nearly 3 years and whilst I am not a prolific poster like some I do visit most days. I am an ex truck driver who still has an interest in all things truck related.

Over the last 6 months or so there seems to have been a rise in the number of posts by certain people who whilst they may in general have an interest in sharing their wisdom and knowledge also have an agenda to massage there own egos. Recently MRVAIN has entered into certain threads claiming he has been drawn into the argument when on a couple of occasions he has been the first to respond.

Whilst not wishing to have a go at Rob sometimes I do find myself feeling that this site is his own personal showcase. I appreciate all the work he does with the East Coast Truckers but do wish that he could moderate his postings. Other posters manage it including Little Enis and ROG who both contribute fully and in detail without coming across as for want of a better word ‘conceited’. Apart from that MRVAIN I enjoy most of your postings so keep up the good work.

I’m now off back to my underground bunker while the muck and bullets fly.

Beer, wine, spirits?

as we say in iraq INCOMING :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

neil46:
as we say in iraq INCOMING :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Its being watched. :wink:

Its the same on most forums buddy, just have to deal with it… :wink: Not everyone is going to like everyone or agree with what one says etc…

think some people take this forum and life in general far to seriously , :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

EGO MASSAGED! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :wink:

Vain Who? :wink:

N2N Transport:
Vain Who? :wink:

With a name like Mr Vain, what did he expect!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and freedom of speech. I’m sure if anyone else has a problem with my input i’m sure they will express there view.

dunno never heard of mr vain :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mrs who?

holey moley didnt see that coming!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

jammymutt:
mrs who?

MR VAIN IS SMILING :slight_smile:

MR VAIN:

jammymutt:
mrs who?

MR VAIN IS SMILING :slight_smile:

Bet that was wind Rob :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OMG!!
I don’t know whether it is just me, but I thought the idea of this site was to discuss trucks, driving and the haulage industry not to personally attack members.
I thought Bullys Bar was to talk about any old Bull not trucks or drivers.
I know Mr Vain or Rob whatever you like to call him and he hasn’t got the EGO that many believe he has. He can be very opinionated,. He likes to keep a clean truck as do I, but unfortunately gets verbally attacked by a few select people, and not just on this forum.
IMO if you don’t like Mr Vain’s posts, you don’t have to click on them, open them or read them!!!

VALHALLA:
but unfortunately gets verbally attacked by a few select people, and not just on this forum.

Yeah ain’t that the truth. Still, i’m a big lad, i’ll just take it on the chin. As long as i’m me, the shell and shower will still rain down. This kind of post doesn’t massage my ego, it just makes me more determined to be my own person.

MRVAIN is awesome but then again i just want his truck :smiley:

I cant think for the life of me why anybody would subscibe to a forum and then attack the very meaning of the word according to the Oxford English Dictionary I.E. A MEETING OR MEDIUM FOR OPEN DISCUSSION AND DEBATE. I get the sneeky feeling that this post was iether to get an adverse reaction or to attack a prolific post maker. Or mayby attention seeking. Nevertheless offtherails is more than welcome to voice an opinion on as many subjects as he or she wishes and that goes for all members of this site. I would not call you egotistical if you do and I would appreciate it if you would not aim that label at anyone else. You are of course quite right when you say that Mr Vain has opinions about most things on this site, that is the problem with an active brain and imagination, some people are not all gifted with vision or the abiltiy to see all sides of an argument, those people are normally quite happy to read the mail and get entertainment from all that is posted, they are all part of the forum and their wishes should be respected. That same ethos should be extended to people like Mr Vain. If however some of the content is to highbrow, join facebook where you can post and read quite mindnumbing one line crap. If you are just being a scallywag and a little stirrer ignore what I have written. If you are personally attacking Mr Vain all I can say is DUCK!!

Chill out Guys :laughing: :laughing:

everybody’s opinions are welcome and will most likely be different :wink:

that’s the idea of a forum, so keep posting ! just don’t let it descend into personal attacks :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ady1 summed it up this thread for me

think some people take this forum and life in general far to seriously

and before you ask, there’s as much chance of me polishing a truck as Rob getting Mr Vain getting covered in mud and sheep crap

offtherails:
… and ROG who both contribute fully and in detail without coming across as for want of a better word ‘conceited’.

ERR… I can be pretty opinionated at times on certain driving issues according to a few (including ME :laughing: ) on here :exclamation: :exclamation:

Being opinionated and knowing it can be different to being opinionated and not knowing it.

All makes for good fun though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: