EE network??

Who is better for Pc tablets-3 network or EE network (not EE drivers).Just found both give same amount of data (30 day contract).How good 4G signal in EE network while driving ■■?Better than THREE or similar??

4G only works in big towns and cities , then it goes back to 3G .

All my family on 3 and would recommend , particularly the unlimited data plans . get signal just about everywhere .

On Three at Flamborough, a small seaside village in the arse end of nowhere in East Yorkshire.

speedtest.net/my-result/a/1753765424

And even though its 19mbit/s it wasn’t a 4G signal but HSDPA+

Andrejs:
Who is better for Pc tablets-3 network or EE network (not EE drivers).Just found both give same amount of data (30 day contract).How good 4G signal in EE network while driving ■■?Better than THREE or similar??

EE is in a few Day BT

boredwivdrivin:

All my family on 3 and would recommend , particularly the unlimited data plans . get signal just about everywhere .

Unlimited internet posible just for phone.But for Tablets all company give limited internet.Normal phone sim card not working in Tablets.

Andrejs:

boredwivdrivin:

Unlimited internet posible just for phone.But for Tablets all company give limited internet.Normal phone sim card not working in Tablets.

I’ve got a normal sim in my iPad…

Andrejs:

boredwivdrivin:

You can use your phone as a wifi spot though if you have a smart phone.

OllieNotts:

Andrejs:

boredwivdrivin:

And if you have an android phone, you can have unlimited tethering as well :slight_smile:

scaniason:

OllieNotts:

Andrejs:

boredwivdrivin:

And if you have an android phone, you can have unlimited tethering as well :slight_smile:

Tethering as well now not unlimited .Some company have some limit.best -check you contract firstf not you can get big bill.Which network give free tethering■■?

scaniason:

OllieNotts:

Andrejs:

boredwivdrivin:

I thought tethering was capped, how does one get unlimited? :astonished:

Pdanet on android hides the tethering, gives you your full allowance (unlimited on 3)

Andrejs:

IMO and experience, the best LTE signal, EE.

After EE, Three, then Vodafone and finishing with O2 (4G only in 800 MHz).

And, where you don’t have LTE, the 3G signal from EE is very good too and more than enough to use Internet.

+1 EE will prob give you best overall coverage. Three can be patchy out in the sticks, though they call can in certain areas - but even in some outlying towns you’ll still get good 3G with fast speeds, 10-30mb.

Three have acquired O2 recently, so it’s a fair assumption that at some point the networks will be merged in some way so that customers can use both networks - that should improve Threes coverage in the sticks.

What I did was get a 1 month SIM from various networks, trial it out, then went for a 12m SIM with the one I decided was best suited for my use, which turned out to be Three. £27/m for unlimited everything, and 12GB for tethering (8GB abroad, i think).

3 does have its moments, although to be fair the only place I’ve ever had no signal, even when hanging out of the cab waving the phone around like a loony is on shipdham airfield the other night - although to be fair, it is a bit remote! On the plus side, they have free 4g where available, which is more and more placed these days, and your allowances are also valid in a lot of other countries at no extra charge.

EE is very good iv been on solar farms miles from nearest road never mind town and 90% of the time can stream Netflix . I have a contact with phone so I thether my iPad from it but every so often EE do a promo top up £10 and you get 100gb per month for two months so I have a payg sim in iPad for when they do that

EE is good for me as Mobile Broadband. Phone i use Virgin and BT