Edinburgh.

I need to find secure (needs to have something like cctv) parking for sunday night near to Edinburgh. I will be heading in from Glasgow end (well starting from North Wales).

Paul

Try the Freight Scotland website,they have details of a coach/bus company offering 24/7 secure parking in Edinburgh,I believe it’s along the waterfront somewhere.

Secure Coach Parks Ltd A199 Freightliner Terminal 200 Sir Harry Lauder Road
We have shower and toilet facilities and very close to local amenities in Portobello and just 3 miles from Edinburgh city centre. Tel:0131 669 1911 Further Information

No secure parking in or around Edinburgh, the nearest parking that you could call (I use the word hesitantly) SAFE, is Harthill services, it is well lit and as far as I’m aware the police do drop in regularly, but don’t quote me on that. Free parking and a wild bean cafe, 10 minute walk over the footbridge and your in Harthill itself, a couple of pubs and takeaways. there is a Scotmid store also.
It’s about a half hours drive to Edinburgh from there, that is to the West side of Edinburgh. If going round to the other side another 20-30 minutes round the city By-pass.
If you need any directions PM me and I will help you best I can, but make it during the day today as I am flying back out to the Netherlands tomorrow and watching Manure get their arses kicked tonight by Barca :smiley: :sunglasses: :smiley:

FLIP:
Try the Freight Scotland website,they have details of a coach/bus company offering 24/7 secure parking in Edinburgh,I believe it’s along the waterfront somewhere.

Secure Coach Parks Ltd A199 Freightliner Terminal 200 Sir Harry Lauder Road
We have shower and toilet facilities and very close to local amenities in Portobello and just 3 miles from Edinburgh city centre. Tel:0131 669 1911 Further Information

I’m not sure if that is still on the go, if it is there is no CCTV and I think the cafe is closed, but it’s about 4 years since I been down that way. I know it once opened as a lorry park, with fuel faccillities and a cafe, but it hardley got used, could be worth a try.

It’s not to hard to find.
go to the A1 end of City by-pass and turn left on A1 heading back towards Edinburgh, go straight over roundabout at ASDA to traffic lights, keep in right lane as left lane is filter lane. Through traffic lights and entrance is about 1/2 a mile along on left. Can’t remember name of IND est but there is a plumb centre that can be seen from the main road. go left there and the site is on the right.

There is a footbridge that takes you into Portabello with a few pubs, takeaways and shops, the local police station is near and I suppose you could let them know where you are parked and have a valuable load.

Thanks guys, but change of plans now. I am going up monday morning.

Anyother time I would stop in out yard in Bellshill, but noone there on a sunday night.

Paul