Edinburgh delivery (night out)

Hi everyone

I’ve got to make my way up to Edinburgh to South Gyle Shopping Centre.
The delivery isn’t until tomorrow evening so I need somewhere close to park up for the night.

I haven’t stopped around Edinburgh before and was hoping someone knows of a good place to park.

Cheers

There is an industrial estate about five miles away so i carried on to the city centre and parked by a police station near a park and walked ten minutes to the centre to have a look around.I cant remember the street.The security guard at the Scotish governent building said its ok for trucks to park where the ciaches park.
Just drive around the centre and dump it any place you can find.
At least you get a proper meal and some social life and be a tourist.

Edinburgh Truckstop

Saughton park (or mill?) ind est, behind petrol station, plenty of pubs Sky Sports, and food places.

newbridge ind est

Broxburn ind est, park there and walk up to town, pubs n food :smiley:

Sighthill industrial estate is only a few minutes from south gyle

scanny77:
Sighthill industrial estate is only a few minutes from south gyle

Thanks for the help guys, I stopped here in the end. Only over the road from where I need to be :stuck_out_tongue:

toby1234abc:
There is an industrial estate about five miles away so i carried on to the city centre and parked by a police station near a park and walked ten minutes to the centre to have a look around.I cant remember the street.The security guard at the Scotish governent building said its ok for trucks to park where the ciaches park.

:unamused: :unamused:

GOG47:

toby1234abc:

:unamused: :unamused:

I see you’re fairly new on here, so I’ll just explain,… this just means tobes has forgotten his prescribed meds today :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Tobester stumbled on a bar playing live folk music and there were 100 choices of whiskey to sample,some were 50 years old.Hence forgeting where i had parked the truck and walking around til 4 am trying to locate it again.
Welcome to Toby world.What a wonderful place to be in.
Quiz of the day.What is the Bulgarian for toast?
Answers on a postcard to Blue Peter c/o Bbc tv.
Asking where the police station was to confused locals did not seem a good idea at the time.

scotstrucker:
newbridge ind est

second that theres a mcdonalds on the RA as you go in too only trouble is the ■■■■■■ planes at the airport although they are few and far between

i use a website called hgvparking.com

its always set me up good so far