Eddie Stobarts Interview

Can anyone out there give me any tips and info about the interview proceedure at Stobarts.Ive been told to brind Hi Vis and safety boots with me next week.Ive never been for an interview with a big company before whats the best thing to wear shirt and tie or smart casual ? Stupid question i know but if im doin an assessmant drive i want to be comfortable.Has anyone recently had an interview with them could you let me know what to expect please.Thanks peeps :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Iā€™ve heard they like you to wear and old status quo shirt and enter the room singing ā€˜rockin all over the worldā€™ while playing air guitar, the jobs in the bag Gord :laughing:

mutley:
Iā€™ve heard they like you to wear and old status quo shirt and enter the room singing ā€˜rockin all over the worldā€™ while playing air guitar, the jobs in the bag Gord :laughing:

Thanks very much Steve do ya think i shud keep my hair in a ponytail or leave it loose and flowing or shud i do a Rossi and cut it off :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Donā€™t matter what you do as long as you donā€™t mention that drink driving should be the same law for all :wink: :wink:

You kept that interview quiet mate. anyway please, please, please go in a shirt and tie not because it will make you look smart or anything itā€™s just so i can get a picture of you dressed up so i can take the pi55 out of you in the future. (ps who the hell are you going to get to lend you a shirt and tie lol) Stobarts is no good for you anyway because you would have to learn to take orders :unamused: and you do know it involves work as well. pmsl. :laughing:

As far as I am concerned ,an interview is a formal occasion and as such demands that you wear a suit .On the other hand ,if you were invited down for a ā€œchatā€ at a less specific time then that could be construed as being informal,in which case such formal attire would not be necessary.Given that Stobarts are obsessed by appearance, what do you think would impress them ?

Tell them you already know where the golden rivet is! :smiley:

I have been for an interview and talked myself out of a job at the final hurdle :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought some new safety boots and took a clean hi viz vest. I wore a pair of trousers and a Stobart Honda Polo Shirt. Part one of the interview was convincing the security man at Crick to let me on site followed by a simple tachograph test, 7 out of 7 iirc.

Then I was asked to drive past the BP to the roundabout and return to the yard parking the trailer between the lines, no checks, no uncoupling not even any questions in the cab. I had just had 3 years in an I Shift and told the bloke that he would have to bear with me when I realised this FH12 was a manual gearbox.

He commented on my smooth driving style and said I had got the job as far as he was concerned, they seemed more concerned about keeping the revs in the green sector than anything else. He then got me another coffee as I had to wait for the final part of the interview. I was called and we spent 5 minutes talking about Edward Stobart as he was a personal friend of the interviewer then spent the next hour talking about Shakey Byrne, Jeremy McWilliams and Paul Bird Motorsport. Eventually the interview was over and the guy said that I would probably be offered a job that day by phone. Any Questions?

As a mobile DSA (man with a van) would it mean doing mainly Tesco work and would it mean having to drive a Scania? He said it would, he shook my hand and the letter telling me I had been unsuccessful arrived in the post the following day :laughing:

Peter Pratt. Thanks for being honest, you did me a favour :stuck_out_tongue:

Deathstar:
As far as I am concerned ,an interview is a formal occasion and as such demands that you wear a suit .On the other hand ,if you were invited down for a ā€œchatā€ at a less specific time then that could be construed as being informal,in which case such formal attire would not be necessary.Given that Stobarts are obsessed by appearance, what do you think would impress them ?

I think if you are going for a job as a lorry driver than smart casual is sufficient, if you are going for a job in a bank or solicitors office than a sharp well fitting suit is required.

dont wear a suitā€¦smart causual make sure ya boots been polishedā€¦worked for me and more than a few other drivers

BIGRIG:

mutley:
Iā€™ve heard they like you to wear and old status quo shirt and enter :angry: :angry: the room singing ā€˜rockin all over the worldā€™ while playing air guitar, the jobs in the bag Gord :laughing:

Thanks very much Steve do ya think i shud keep my hair in a ponytail or leave it loose and flowing or shud i do a Rossi and cut it off :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

with your extensive range of toupeeā€™s your options are endless mate :laughing:

mutley:

BIGRIG:

mutley:
Iā€™ve heard they like you to wear and old status quo shirt and enter :angry: :angry: the room singing ā€˜rockin all over the worldā€™ while playing air guitar, the jobs in the bag Gord :laughing:

with your extensive range of toupeeā€™s your options are endless mate :laughing:

You can go off some people very easily ya know :imp:

r-kid:
You kept that interview quiet mate. anyway please, please, please go in a shirt and tie not because it will make you look smart or anything itā€™s just so i can get a picture of you dressed up so i can take the pi55 out of you in the future. (ps who the hell are you going to get to lend you a shirt and tie lol) Stobarts is no good for you anyway because you would have to learn to take orders :unamused: and you do know it involves work as well. pmsl. :laughing:

I was gona ask to borrow yours Si but i wud av to scoff a few more pork pies for it to fit :smiling_imp: Work ? dunno wot your on about :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

wibble:
Tell them you already know where the golden rivet is! :smiley:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

just be of smart appearence safety boots, hi viz, if its an assessment aswell take gloves look prepared, i was working for them and did the assessment an interview on the same day. if its an assessment its a test then hook up trailer half hour drive, reverse onto a bay some questions by there assesser, interview was short they want you to be flexible and up on the wtd and tacho rules, if you fail the test they give you then you wont get the job so if your rusty then read up, the test is questions about wtd and tacho then at the end there is a highway code signs, read the questions carefully a few red herrings in there, regarding the wtd and tacho you may answer them thinking its a question about wtd when its the opposite other than that its just another interview.

DONT GO IN A FIREMANS UNIFORM

BIGRIG:
wibble wrote:Tell them you already know where the golden rivet is! :smiley:

Wibble must be a former matelot. :wink: :wink:

It was (reportedly) the Bo,sun,s priviledge to slap on the Vaseline and introduce the Ship,s Newbie to the age old Navy ritual of Inserting the Golden Rivet. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

At Crick it is Peter Pratt who does the honours. :laughing: :laughing:

Good Luck with the Interview.

Buycrider:

BIGRIG:
wibble wrote:Tell them you already know where the golden rivet is! :smiley:

Wibble must be a former matelot. :wink: :wink:

It was (reportedly) the Bo,sun,s priviledge to slap on the Vaseline and introduce the Ship,s Newbie to the age old Navy ritual of Inserting the Golden Rivet. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

At Crick it is Peter Pratt who does the honours. :laughing: :laughing:

Good Luck with the Interview.

Iā€™m not but when I first heard the explanation my mate ended up with a facefull of beer. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just joined the site.
Got a assessment at Appleton Thorne for permanent tramping vacancy. Briefly been told the assessment consists of written test, practical test and interview.
All I have been told is that the writtent test consist of wtd (working time directive), road signs etc.
Told me to come in driving gear and bring p.p.e.
Been advised to bring clean boots and hi-vis and gloves, just be prepared like always.
Is the assessment straight forward and basic wtd knowledge for the written test required. Is the assessor looking for safe, efficient driving style and the correct safety pre checks before driving for the practical side of the assessment.
Any tips and advice will be a BIG HELP.
Really want the job.
THANKS. :smiley:

youngie247:
Just joined the site.
Got a assessment at Appleton Thorne for permanent tramping vacancy. Briefly been told the assessment consists of written test, practical test and interview.
All I have been told is that the writtent test consist of wtd (working time directive), road signs etc.
Told me to come in driving gear and bring p.p.e.
Been advised to bring clean boots and hi-vis and gloves, just be prepared like always.
Is the assessment straight forward and basic wtd knowledge for the written test required. Is the assessor looking for safe, efficient driving style and the correct safety pre checks before driving for the practical side of the assessment.
Any tips and advice will be a BIG HELP.
Really want the job.
THANKS. :smiley:

PM dustylfc mate hes just started doin that he will give you all the info ya need :smiley: