Eddie Stobart to buy transport company for £50m

Tipperdipper1:
May be Keedwell aka Keedwell Group [emoji848]

Lol, Mrs Keedwell would never allow it!!!

Supatramp:

Tipperdipper1:
May be Keedwell aka Keedwell Group [emoji848]

Lol, Mrs Keedwell would never allow it!!!

I think it’s not about allowing, it’s more about money.

To be fair I think Stobart doesn’t have the quality to run the contracts Keedwell has. But again it’s all about money.
[emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]

The Eddie Stobart name is owned by the Stobart Group,
Eddie Stobart Ltd (ESL) has three options beyond 2020 to continue with the licensing arrangement for the Eddie Stobart name.

• Pay £3 million a year for continued use of the licence.
  • Purchase a perpetual licence for £15 million for use in the logistics market.
  • Purchase a perpetual licence for £50 million for unrestricted use.

So are stobarts paying £50 million to basically buy themself’s?

Tax fiddle by any chance.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Canute have had a few financial issues, any possibility it could be these, stabrats have already brought the brick n block from Canute…
Or was it the tankers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heaton30:
Canute have had a few financial issues, any possibility it could be these, stabrats have already brought the brick n block from Canute…
Or was it the tankers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think who Stobart win contract what was do Canute.And some truck was transfered to Stobart from some brick company.Same when Stobart win contract with Co-op,Tesco but he after use Coop ,Tesco truck with own sign.

slowlane:
I too think that £50m for Maritime seems too little when Downton went for £75m. Keedwell could be a good shout.

From Andrej’s link, 3PL is actually a haulier. I’ve seen their trucks out and about pulling containers mostly, and unaccompanied euroliners. Based on Felixstowe according to their website.

Didn’t 3pl morph from the ashes of gipping containers? id hardy say they was worth £50m a few trucks a few subbies and a small office in that freight terminal in Parker ave

Someone told me Wincanton but I think that’s bull shine.

bobbya:

I think Wincarton is a lot bigger than Stobart itself and worse a lot more than £50m. So you must be correct it’s probably bulls…t.

Tipperdipper1:

bobbya:

I think Wincarton is a lot bigger than Stobart itself and worse a lot more than £50m. So you must be correct it’s probably bulls…t.

Thought as much.

I was going to say Maritime - but only because i saw a recent story about one of theirs hitting a low bridge :smiley:

Stobarts now also have a logging contract, no idea how long they have had that - they are working in the pine forests around Ainsdale and Formby so i have only noticed them recently.

chester1:

slowlane:
I too think that £50m for Maritime seems too little when Downton went for £75m. Keedwell could be a good shout.

From Andrej’s link, 3PL is actually a haulier. I’ve seen their trucks out and about pulling containers mostly, and unaccompanied euroliners. Based on Felixstowe according to their website.

Didn’t 3pl morph from the ashes of gipping containers? id hardy say they was worth £50m a few trucks a few subbies and a small office in that freight terminal in Parker ave

Ah, I didn’t know they they’re a relatively small operator.

i heard that it is a certain south yorkshire haulier from the sheffield area.

How about Jack Richards? That would fit

Cant think of anyone in Sheffield worth £50m
could it be A. Davies Transport

SHYTOT:
Cant think of anyone in Sheffield worth £50m
could it be A. Davies Transport

You could probably buy Sheffield for £50m.

I think it’s to do with Andrew Tinker valuing the name at that price and looks to be holding out for it .

Innovate?

123smith:
Innovate?

That green and black mob ain’t they another pete Osborne flash in the pan ?

He talk so much or do something wrong logisticsmanager.com/stobar … s-tinkler/

We’ll know who it is when we see another big name with the familiar graphics in a different colour. We’ve had green and blue, I reckon red is next.