Eddie stobart - sherburn depot

Hi everyone again,
couple of questions really:

Just wondered whether anyone has worked here and whats it like?
What are they running out of there? is it mainly tesco’s?
Any advice for driving assessment/ interview next week?
How does is all work out for casual drivers there?

I’ve got an interview next week down there for a casual driver job so just looking for abit of info beforehand really.

Cheers :smiley:

I’ve not worked for Stobart from there, but have worked for Stobart and gone into there.

Mainly appeared to be cans they were shifting from in there, so I’d expect it’ll be the Coca-Cola contract mostly.

But, with any Stobart job, your main depot is only relevent on your 1st working day, after that you do whatever is required, drop and swap trailers etc.

I was Trafford Park - toilet roll depot, and was pulling 25t from Carlisle (either A W Jenkinsons or Stobarts Carlisle depot) back down to either Manchester or Stoke etc.

They are doing British Gypsum work at Sherburn.
I dont work for Stobarts but our company is doing work for British Gypsum and I am parked up in Sherburn after the usual balls up at British Gypsum and can’t get my load.
I have seen loads of Stobarts parked up unable to get loaded due to problems with load numbers on the last three occasions I have been here.
I think British Gypsum has to be one of the worst companys to work for as they have ridiculous health and safety rules and seem to be run by idiots.

Some walking floors and chipliners as well

mattwhit:
Hi everyone again,
couple of questions really:

Just wondered whether anyone has worked here and whats it like?
What are they running out of there? is it mainly tesco’s?
Any advice for driving assessment/ interview next week?
How does is all work out for casual drivers there?

I’ve got an interview next week down there for a casual driver job so just looking for abit of info beforehand really.

Cheers :smiley:

They have lost a lot of drivers recently,
I used to work there a few year ago, work is a lot of coca cola and general,and now british gypsum,and my mate tells ,e that that work is a pain in the arse.
For me personally the sherburn depot manager is a good guy, but he is ruled from “above”.

When for the same interview a couple of weeks ago - driving assessment was straight forward - will ask what daily checks you would do both on unit and trailer - out for a 30 min drive and back for a chat with the transport manager.
All went well - that was on a Wednesday - they ran on Friday and said the job was mine but i could not do the induction days due to work commitments - 2 days at Warrington (?) so just wait a new date.
PM me if you want more details - I am doing is as a casual pt driver.

nab:
I think British Gypsum has to be one of the worst companys to work for as they have ridiculous health and safety rules and seem to be run by idiots.

Isn’t it done by Ceva?

Unless they have sorted the toilets, wear wellies if going for a dump. Used to be always flooded.
Again unless it’s changed the staff in the office are the most ignorant know you’ll ever encounter. Until you visit the next Stobart office.

Doesn’t that bell end Dixon work out of Sherburn?

Who

I worked for Stobart and never had any problem with any staff in any office. I think the reason is because I treat as I find and if someone is a little off with me I politely say that the last driver they spoke to has nothing to do with me!!!

I was made redundant some 3+ years ago when they got rid of about 260 trampers (maybe 160, or even 60 I’ve forgot).

For all the stick that Stobarts get it is a job that is 100% legal and if you do the job you are paid for you won’t get any problems!

Go for the job (assessment drive - make note of the trailer height!!!) As said in previous post your depot is only your base and you could be on any job any day - variety is what I liked :laughing:

I treat as I find also. I was banned from the office in Appleton for trying to punch ■■■■ out of a teenager who called me a liar.

happysack:
I treat as I find also. I was banned from the office in Appleton for trying to punch [zb] out of a teenager who called me a liar.

dri-diddly-iver:
I treat as I find and if someone is a little off with me I politely say that the last driver they spoke to has nothing to do with me!!!

Woo hoo.

:laughing:

PaulNowak:
Doesn’t that bell end Dixon work out of Sherburn?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

happysack:
Woo hoo.

Stop playing at trains :laughing:

some time must deo delivery to Lidl and Aldi and do unloading :smiley: :smiley:

happysack:
Unless they have sorted the toilets, wear wellies if going for a dump. Used to be always flooded.
Again unless it’s changed the staff in the office are the most ignorant know you’ll ever encounter. Until you visit the next Stobart office.

Chep pallets at Birmingham are the most ignorant people I have ever dealt with,office wallers ignorant,forkies are super ignorant,toilets are a disgrace.

I guess you already know this ,but if you don’t ,you get paid what you do on casual or drivers I know do ,reason I say is one of my mates was told he was doing boxes one day ,fine ,but the run was local and 6 hrs ,the following day he came in and was given the same run,6 hrs ,and so forth ,he then had words over it and was took off it but they do now and then try it ,giving him short days ,he’s not guaranteed hrs ,wheras company drivers ,guaranteed hours agency ,agency are ,so from a financial ( company view ) makes more sense to put him on it .
Also allot of casual I know are struggling for shifts ,more and more of there own agency starting and as there guaranteed hours it means less shifts for casual / agency .
N.b these things maybe depot specific so may not apply too the depot your thinking of working out of ,but still worth baring in mind .

happysack:

i used to work there in yard/office about 8 years ago, in my time there they had the toilets, well the ones by the canteen area, refitted twice, the 1 st time they latest a few days before drivers busted them, dont know what some guys do to them…