Eddie Stobart rumours

After my earlier Willi Betz thread put me right, I thought I could find out about some other urban myths.

Do Stobart’s drivers have to wear a tie?
Do Stobart’s drivers have to carry a bible?

Please help, I need to know.
Cheers, Neil.

Newbie:
After my earlier Willi Betz thread put me right, I thought I could find out about some other urban myths.

Please help, I need to know.
Cheers, Neil.

you are joking :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: a bible :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i ask em on sat night.

Newbie:

Not any more.

Newbie:

I thought that one had died years ago, no they don’t :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Right you’ve done Betz and Stobart’s, who’s next Nobby Dressingtable? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You really must stop believing everything you hear in truck stops. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll let you into a little secret, there is an easy way to tell if one of these stories is true or not. If the person doing the telling is loud and their lips are moving it is 99 times out of 100 complete rubbish. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve never heard about that bible rumour before, how did that get started :question:

I love all the truck stop tales and always take things said with a pinch of salt and now i have found this site it can confirm most of what I thought was Rollocks anyway.
But tell me is there anything I should know about Nobby Dingledangle as I have thought about applying for a job there.
Cheers, Neil.

mrpj:
I’ve never heard about that bible rumour before, how did that get started :question:

I think it started because the rumour was that his business was funded by the Mormon church. Once that rumour had legs the bible thing was a natural progression I guess. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dont know who ddesigned their new uniform though. you need sunglasses to look at em :open_mouth:

yeah it is true about stobart got bible book in glove box in every fleet, where i have seen in Stobart Video :laughing: but i dont know if they still ongoing ?

Ben (Willi Betz Fan)

Betz:
yeah it is true about stobart got bible book in glove box in every fleet…

I thought it was the Book of Mormon in every glove-box. My wife and her family are devout Mormons; I keep reminding the wife that Mormons usually abstain from ■■■■■■■■■■■ before marriage - not after!!!

Coffeeholic:

mrpj:

I think it started because the rumour was that his business was funded by the Mormon church. Once that rumour had legs the bible thing was a natural progression I guess. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Didnt the rumour go that as soon as Eddie started carrying alcohol they pulled the funding out and the two had a big fall out.

Yep, that was another one, but all the subsequent rumours only work if the one about the Mormon church was true to begin with. :wink: :smiley:

I’m sure someone will be along in a shortly with the one involving Nobby Dressingtable, a helicoptor and a warning. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: Because that is one of the most popular ones. :smiley: :smiley:

A frien of mine used to work for a Factoring company and one of her customers was a haulage co. up north somewhere (she would never tell me who it was :cry: ) and he was in a bit of financial trouble, she told him his helicopter had to go, his answer was “Eddie Stobart can afford one, so I am going to have one” From what I can remember he didnt stay in busniness very long!!!

Norberts Helicopter must have done more miles around haulage yards in Britain than his trucks :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Norberts Helicopter must have done more miles around haulage yards in Britain than his trucks :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

im doing agency work at stobbies now and there is definatly no bibles in the lorrys. :confused:

The thing that keeps the helicopter/warning one going is snotbart doesn’t venture very far into France they (or the ones I’ve noticed at least) always seem to be Belgium/Holland bound.

I may be wrong but thats the perception wrong.

Why cant any of you spell nobbys last name right everyone knows it’s

Norbert Dressingtable

We have a Jehovas witness working for us, He can swear like a trooper :stuck_out_tongue:

He has only tried to convert the security guard :smiley: