Eddie Stobart model

Greeting to you All.
This just dropped out from the TV schedule I’ve just bought,thought you’d like to see it :smiling_imp: It’s a snip at £2.99.

TN.jpg

Hello
Don’t bother buying it, its a cheap crappy plastic model. I mate of mine in the ESL spotting world bought one which arrived last week, it is a dreadful model which was actually broken.
He sent it back and was refunded.
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

■■■■■■■■ Gill,that just about sums it up. :cry: :smiling_imp: Regards,900X20.

900X20:

he hasn’t got any mates so it must have been him (CG) that ordered it!!!

Bewick:

900X20:

NICE

Oops.

Bewick:

900X20:

Hello Bewick
I’ll have you know I have quite a few friends (mainly ESL spotters), but of cause, not as many as you!
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

did it come on its side ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Bewick:

900X20:

Hello Bewick I’ll have you know I have quite a few friends (mainly ESL spotters), but of cause, not as many as you! Kindest Regards ■■■■■■■■ Gill

Not many in Fletchertown I believe!!! Cheers Bewick.

At risk of sounding a bit of an anorack.
That trailer looks a tadge high.

Its suppose to be metal not plastic? :blush:

wheel nutz:
Its suppose to be metal not plastic? :blush:

Hello wheel nutz
It’s a metal cab with plastic parts , but the trailers is totally plastic, no metal in sight.
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

3 quid with free P&P!!!..I fear expectations may be just a little high here. I have seen similar quality models on offer at truck shows for 12, 13, and in some cases 14 quid :open_mouth: …disgraceful I know! especially when for a fiver more, you can get the 1:76 Roadscene models which are excellent.

I think with this particular truck (if you do decide to buy that is), is to bear in mind that it is clearly not a model, and is in fact a toy, and its not just the price that exposes it as such…check out the size and angle of the steering wheel. If you felt like a legal scrap, it could even be one for the ‘mis-selling of goods’ act I think :wink:
I would say that it would be ok for the little uns to drive off the top stair, but if you dont want it lobbing at yer head, dont buy it for yer uncle who collects models in this scale.

Anyone who knows their model trucks will know that you just aint gonna get a ‘model’ for that money…and if you bought it expecting a model, I would respectfully suggest that you are new to collecting. I did it myself with my first purchase…not able to afford a smart looking 1:50 Corgi Ken Thomas Scania, I opted for a James Irlam Scania in the ‘Supehauler’ range thinking it would sufffice:oops: enuff said!

Speaking of costs, keep your eyes open for a thread on the price of 1:50’s…am interested to know fellow collectors thoughts.

Cheers.

OOOOH, I want one just for the free badge, then I can wear it at work, my workmates would be sooooo jealous. In fact I’ll stick the model to my dash so I always have a reminder of what I can aspire to be. BTW any ES tramping jobs going in west yorks, or do I have to shell out £12k to get one?