Eddie stobart driving assesment tommorow

Hi guys, new to the forum and after a bit of advice, I’ve got a driving assesment and interview tommorow with stobart, has anyone done this before and can tell me what to expect. I’ve had a look on forum but seems to be conflicting stories I’m seeing, I’ve had my class one for just over two years but not really used it and when I have its been straightforward stuff, not done much reversing as yet so worried my inexperience could let me down on this tommorow

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

Cheers

Sorry, couldn’t resist! :smiley: But best of luck!!!

There was a very good detailed post on here last week about this topic. The only difference I found to most peoples coupling up procedure was that you must put the dog clip on before the tug test. Good luck with it.

Use plenty of mirrors, drive with vehicle sympathy, read the road ahead, keep to all speed limits and indicate at all times, with the reversing check whether you can get out of cab and double check behind you, if the assessor tells you to stop normally that’ll be the end of the assessment unfortunately.

If coupling up stop short and get out and check trailer brake is on and don’t do tug test with legs on the ground.

Good luck .

Sorry forgot to say I’ve no knowledge of Stobbies assessment procedures.

When coupling up, once you’ve started to get under the trailer, stop and use the rear suspension ride height adjuster to lift the front of the trailer up. You will be expected to do it enough to lift the landing legs off the floor. Once you’ve coupled up remember to reset the ride height on the unit to normal running.

When dropping the trailer, when you’ve disconnected everything then pull the pin, get in the wagon and pull forwards a foot then put on the park brake and use the rear suspension ride height adjuster on the unit to lower the suspension until the front of the trailer no longer drops which indicates the landing legs are fully settled and carrying the weight of the trailer. Pull clear of the trailer then park brake on and reset to the ride height to normal running mode.

Cheers everyone, it’s good to get an idea of what I’m going into!! Anyone know what the reversing manoeuvre is likely to be though? Read a few threads that people quite often fail on the reverse during assesment.

Good luck and just relax and enjoy it. You can drive

davy1601:
Cheers everyone, it’s good to get an idea of what I’m going into!! Anyone know what the reversing manoeuvre is likely to be though? Read a few threads that people quite often fail on the reverse during assesment.

Ours is a blind side then a good side, but we allow the driver to get out and have a look as long as it’s all done safely, don’t forget to keep checking both right and left, and watch those bananas, don’t let the assessor tell you to stop.