EDC Diagnostics

does anyone know what the following fault codes are, or have a link to a site.
they are on an MAN. EDC diagnostics 03792-05, & EDC diagnostics 00173-11.

it isn’t causing any problems yet.
thanks.

Who’s your local dealer?

I usualy ring MAN Tyne Tees in Gateshead, they’re very helpfull - 0191 4211111

PM some of the lads off this thread phil,

viewtopic.php?p=202858

they seem to know what they are on about

The Book I’ve got here (from a 2008 TG-A) says that an 00173 error is a temperature sensor signal error, but has a -11 down as sensor “Not Defined”

The other error is “No Valid Fault Definition”

Helpful eh? makes you wonder why they put those codes in! Although the -11 etc code, depending on how its displayed could just be telling you how mny times its shown up, does it change each time?

Alex

the numbers just flash up the same every few minutes, they never alter.
it did keep bleeping everytime they flashed up. but i’ve curred the bleep. :wink: :laughing:

i think it could have something to do with the emmisions, as there is a picture of an orange ice cream on its’ side, that also flashes.

limeyphil:
the numbers just flash up the same every few minutes, they never alter.
it did keep bleeping everytime they flashed up. but i’ve curred the bleep. :wink: :laughing:

i think it could have something to do with the emmisions, as there is a picture of an orange ice cream on its’ side, that also flashes.

If there isn’t really a problem fault, it often helps to turn off the battery switch for 5 minutes or better still overnight and reboot the system. Make sure you allow all the diagnostics to do their checks before starting the engine, it worked on mine.

normally i would try it. but as it’s a digi tacho. i’m not so sure. as they do show up power loss as a fault.
but i suppose a written record as to why and when you did it, should be ok.
what do you think?

Phil,

If its any help I do have a PDF version of a TG-A manual if that would be any good to you? Tony Christie sent it to me a couple of years back, it looks the similar to the printed, lade edition TG-A one I’ve got but I haven’t compared them to see if its exact. Send me a PM with your email addy if you want it mate, might help you match the symbols up.

Alex

It’s the exhaust temperature sensor which is mounted in the downpipe, it’s an easy fix.

limeyphil:
normally i would try it. but as it’s a digi tacho. i’m not so sure. as they do show up power loss as a fault.
but i suppose a written record as to why and when you did it, should be ok.
what do you think?

The battery switch does not affect the tachograph mate, it has a separate feed. Obviously