ECMT International Removal Permits

Am i correct in saying, if a company is conducting a house Removal from UK to Spain, that it needs an ECMT Removal permit? International Operators Licence and Community Authorisation card is in place.Thanks for your help.

Hi ECMT permits are used for:

•transit of ECMT countries on journeys to non-ECMT states
•unaccompanied trailers or semi-trailers
•own account operations

Some countries - particularly Austria, Greece and Italy - impose additional restrictions on the use of ECMT multilateral permits.

The UK’s ECMT permit system is administered by the International Road Freight Office (IRFO), which is part of the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA).

International Road Freight Office

I would contact them directly if you unsure or need further information.