Ecm sold

To bca.cant seem to post the notice to the drivers given out today.as using my phone and can’t work how how to attach it.

Edited. Photo now added.

Not seen a notice yet, though I have heard this devastating news. A change of sector beckons

I would imagine the main man eventually got offered a price he couldn’t refuse took it and can now enjoy life a bit.

A friend who worked for them in the past and is still in the car game reckons this years successful substantial pay claim was the final straw that broke the camels back, and they simply unloaded the problem and walked away.

Course this could be completely wrong, but my source is more than just another driver.
The car game is not what it was when i was on it, i suspect its going to die a slow death as agenda 30 gets ever closer to completion.

I’ve never had anything to do with the car transporting game but as a casual observer I can’t help but feel that the recent explosion in numbers of 4x4’s etc pulling trailers with cars on must be having a devastating effect on the business.

New car sales in the UK:
statista.com/statistics/299 … d-kingdom/
Approx 20% cut from 2016.

Fewer new cars also means fewer used cars entering the chain and changing hands too.

the maoster:
I’ve never had anything to do with the car transporting game but as a casual observer I can’t help but feel that the recent explosion in numbers of 4x4’s etc pulling trailers with cars on must be having a devastating effect on the business.

I think that’s a completely new additional sales model. The likes of cinch and cazoo etc. All the buy your car on the internet and have it delivered to the door. I could be wrong, but that is what I thought the reason was, also webuyanycar and motorway collecting cars.

webuyanycar = British Car Auctions :open_mouth:

SWEDISH BLUE:
webuyanycar = British Car Auctions :open_mouth:

Ahhh, yes I think I knew that before I forgot it. I’m guessing there must be some demand for picking up individual cars before they get amalgamated onto a transporter. If only we knew someone involved in trade plating? [emoji848]

I worked there for 8 years one of the best jobs I had I retired last year. regarding the cinch and cazoo cinch is bca and cazoo is separate. ecm were mostly all new with vw/merc being the biggest but they had contracts with most of car manufacturers. would imagine some contracts are coming up for renewal and the main man might have had some indication that rates were going to be slashed plus factoring in the fuel bill even on key fuels 450 trucks filling up twice sometimes three times a week might have thought I’m 65 I working 7 days a week that’s it I’ve had enough. 2 of the directors are still there and they say its carry on as normal but…

It’s official

I saw elsewhere that Toyota are thinking of shutting up shop in the UK if the hybrid ban goes ahead in 2030 as planned.
Honda already planned to shut Swindon if it hasn’t already.

Wonder if ECM got to hear about this and if the Japanese makers not wishing to go down with HMS Once Great Britain helped with the decision to offload.

Juddian:
I saw elsewhere that Toyota are thinking of shutting up shop in the UK if the hybrid ban goes ahead in 2030 as planned.

Wonder if ECM got to hear about this and if the Japanese makers not wishing to go down with HMS Once Great Britain helped with the decision to offload.

As reported in The Torygraph? but here with no paywall.
cityam.com/toyota-to-leave- … s-hybrids/

It’s ■■■■■■■ stupid as hybrid cars are currently the best in terms of saving the planet.
Doesn’t take a genius to work out that having your car plugged into the wall for hours is bad for the environment.

But all the government care about is tailpipe emissions

the maoster:

Bit late to the party, but I wonder how many of those 4x4 think they have exemptions under dual-purpose vehicle rules, but aren’t? So they are just a bit of luck away from a DVSA fine :sunglasses:

Juddian:

bloody hell, just bought a new yaris cross as well , my 12th toyota since 1975 .

tonyj105:

Juddian:

bloody hell, just bought a new yaris cross as well , my 12th toyota since 1975 .

I hope the dealers will always be here, UK will always be a customer given we drive on the correct side same as Japan and customers are usualyl repeat long termers same as yourself, it’s the factories they might shut, having said that Mitsubishi gave up lock stock and barrel.

Bet you don’t need more than one hand to count the problems with the cars or issues with the dealership in the intervening years eh Tony?
back as far as '75 thats some history, did you ever use the small indy dealership at Collyweston? in depth knowledge and expertise to be found there, sadly the site is now very nice houses.