ECC Quarries / Heavy Transport Limited

Not posted any pics for a while (and had a request of a fellow board member) so here we go ! :wink:

Thanks Bonkey i have missed your pics

Tarmac duck:
Thanks Bonkey i have missed your pics

No problem mate.Thing is,I messed up an account (if you can call it that) that I had with PhotoBucket and they wouldn’t let me back on for ages.I know there’s other photo sites,but PB are the best IMO.
Plus,I have to divide my time a bit better between coming on here and the family,with the emphasis on the family ! :wink:

Thanks BD absolutely brilliant photos if you have any more please post. Are you still in the tipper game BD I run a volvo eight wheeler on a Bardon franchise.

Big Bear:
Thanks BD absolutely brilliant photos if you have any more please post. Are you still in the tipper game BD I run a volvo eight wheeler on a Bardon franchise.

No mate,sadly I’m not a wagon driver though I love the things religiously ! :blush: :slight_smile: I work in a smelly [zb]hole of a factory though the money’s good.Just a transport enthusiast that was brought up on Routeman tippers,S83s and Reivers a plenty ! :smiley:
Oh,and talking of Bardon,feast your mince pies on these :

A wee bit different to lugging a FM10 around the streets doncha think ? :laughing:

auto censor dodge removed…Denis F

Thanks again BD your better off in a factory there is very little in it these days with the way fuel prices are going I don;t think any of us will be in the game for much longer.All the Quarrying firms are big on making lots of H&S rules auto tail gates etc… but not big on coming up with the money to pay for it.On a lighter note I see a lot of the trucks in the pictures are on rear super singles a big ECC idea at the time there reasons were lighter weight less mess from sites dragged on to the road and it eliminates the chance of stones trapped between twin tyres chucked out .In reality with the british chassis it meant they were very unstable when tipping.

Big Bear:
Thanks again BD your better off in a factory there is very little in it these days with the way fuel prices are going I don;t think any of us will be in the game for much longer.All the Quarrying firms are big on making lots of H&S rules auto tail gates etc… but not big on coming up with the money to pay for it.On a lighter note I see a lot of the trucks in the pictures are on rear super singles a big ECC idea at the time there reasons were lighter weight less mess from sites dragged on to the road and it eliminates the chance of stones trapped between twin tyres chucked out .In reality with the british chassis it meant they were very unstable when tipping.

I know exactly what you’re saying mate.I’m surprised drivers can make a living these days as the price of DERV has rocket recently ! :angry: I mean,as soon as it broke throught the pound per litre barrier,there’s been no stopping it ! Where it’s going to end,no-one knows ! :cry:
And as for the H+S rules at quarries,I know about those too.I’ve been riding shotgun in tippers since I was 8 years old (30 years ago) and the changes that have taken place since then may have improved the job (their words not mine) but it’s taken the fun out of it.For example,when I was in me teens,I used to ride shotgun with me dads mate who drove a S108 out of a quarry up here in Derbys and he did tarmac a lot of the time.I used to shovel the grit in the back before loading AND sheet it up for him after he got the ticket for the load.
You certainly can’t do any of this nowadays. :frowning:

I know what your saying BD if you work for Bardons not allowed any passengers unless connected with your buisness.So now I can’t take any of my sons with me.Its a shame because thats where I got the bug from riding with me dad.But in all honesty its a blessing in disguise because the job is gone in,but my youngest son is wheels mad so if i am still going he will end up driving a tipper for me no doubt.

Yes,it’s a real shame how the lorry scene has changed even over the last decade. :cry: Too many beauracratic details and red tape bull [zb]has been implemented. :angry:
BTW mate,any chance of posting a few pics of your adventures from next week ? Loading under tar plants,tipping black etc ? I know the modern lorries aren’t as interesting as the older stuff,but the basic premise of the job still interests me ! :wink: I always like to see an insulated tipper at work ! :sunglasses:

auto censor dodge removed…Denis F

I will have to take some photos my wife has a digi camera but i’m not bill gates when it comes to computers.

Big Bear:
I will have to take some photos my wife has a digi camera but i’m not bill gates when it comes to computers.

No worries mate.Any efforts will be gratefully received.And as for uploading pics,try PhotoBucket mate.It’s easy to use and best of all,free ! :slight_smile:

magic as always cheers kelvin

Cracking pics Kelvin :wink: Good to see you back on line :smiley:
Any luck yet with that Redland Foden pic :unamused:

lemonmouth:
Cracking pics Kelvin :wink: Good to see you back on line :smiley:
Any luck yet with that Redland Foden pic :unamused:

No mate,but there’s a few shows coming up,so I’ll keep my eye out for you mate. :wink:

Like many other truck drivers, i grew up in the passenger seat of a lorry.My dad drove tippers for a firm called Ash Suppliers from Sittingbourne in Kent, carrying mainly Ash and PFA dust out of power stations in the south east area.I agree with you lads, small boys just wouldnt be allowed in the power stations or aggregate plants nowdays, its a real shame as the young lads are the drivers of tomorrow. Here is a photo of one of dads first tippers, before the firm went over to eight wheelers and artics, hope you like it.