eBay user?

I ‘joined’ eBay and PayPal Saturday, and bought myself a model lorry, i used the buy it now feature, as it wasnt available for by bidding.
I did however bid on a 143 6x2 model without trailer which looked very nice indeed, i sat watching the time countdown last night, and my heart hasnt beaten so hard and fast as the timer went down to under a minute, well in the end i lost, and also lost a DSV euroliner trailer by a pound, but i got such a rush with the bidding war i think there may be a few more things coming my way. Well i know there is…
I was a bit annoyed with loosing the 143, so i went and bought another ‘buy it now’ model.
Is there anyone else that uses eBay on a regular basis? And do you (still) get a buzz if youre watching the countdown timer. What kind of things do you buy?

The first one i bought, my favourite company , although they dont exist anymore.

model1.jpg

My 2nd

zzz1.jpg

Next time use an auction sniper, like your opponent did. :wink:

snip.pl/ is what I use but other snipers are available.

made my 1st e bay purchase last week a laptop now imm hooked

ebay is a great way to scoure parts for my 75 vw bug, got a set of tail lights for 99p but cost more to post them. :smiley:

just be careful mate, it can get very costly if you are not careful

i don’t use sniping tools, i just place my max bid with about 5 seconds to go, and then wait and see

if you place a bid earlier, it gives more time to get outbid, then you can get carried away with the ‘thrill’ of the bidding

bought and sold plenty, lots of secondhand workshop machines, tools and plant. Like has been said save your best bid until the last few seconds, it stops you getting carried away and spending more than you planned to, and prevents the unscrupulous ebay sellers from running you up with another account to see what your max bid, is then retracting and rebidding to a level just below your max.

Kindle it sounds like you got auction fever. You need to research what the same item made in previous sales, then set your ceiling and stick to it. Same thing happens at property auctions, folks go mad with their bids and over stretch themselves.

Like the guy who went to the car auction and bought a car. Thought he’d won sale of the century. Couldn’t wait to get the pub at night and tell all his mates what a bargain he’d picked up. One guy quietly pointed out he had outbid all the traders and then gone on to pay more than any other private was prepared to do.

Use goofbay mate works a treat set it up to bid what you want with a second remaining wins everytime! You don’t even need to be there!!!

Sniping is for girls :wink:

My motto is :-

“bid once, bid high”
I too leave it 'til the last 5 seconds (or less) before I hit the “confirm bid” button.

I get the buzz from selling these days , its amazing what crappy people will buy on there …

Some mobiles have a 8 to 10 second difference to pc’s, as i found out a few months ago and lost on a few items…

Norfolknewbie:
Use goofbay mate works a treat set it up to bid what you want with a second remaining wins everytime! You don’t even need to be there!!!

That’s the one I use as well. Works and is free. Anyone buying on ebay auctions not using a sniper is giving money away.

Also browse through the auctions in the category rather than just search. People list brake pads as ‘break’ pads and the like and you can get some right bargains.

Own Account Driver:
Also browse through the auctions in the category rather than just search. People list brake pads as ‘break’ pads and the like and you can get some right bargains.

Or use www.fatfingers.com :wink:

Tip: don’t buy anything electrical of eBay as it is usually snide!!

Unfortunately the fact I live in a mud hut in Africa means E bay is not here, well not one you could use anyway. This year 16 watches, tyres and tubes for my 1950’s Rudge Bicycle, badges for my classic Jaguar, wedding cake toppers, etc.etc. etc, its the first time I have actually been looking forward to the Mother in law 3 month visit :unamused:
Mind you she had to bring an extra suitcase, bless her. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sniping is only as good as the last person to bid… You can still be outbid, obviously.

Its only advantage is to not get involved in a bidding war or handy if your away from the internet

ajt:
Sniping is only as good as the last person to bid… You can still be outbid, obviously.

Its only advantage is to not get involved in a bidding war or handy if your away from the internet

It also doesn’t show up on ebay that you are watching the item and other people may believe they have the maximum bid with seconds to go then in comes the snipe - oh the joy! Agree for looking up under different speelings and looking at everything that is ending at 99p and mis-spelt items. I tell everyone using ebay to use goofbay and I’ve never had a bad word said about it