Ebay / Chinese Truck Sat Nav's: experiences?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried one of the 7" Truck Satnavs that are available on ebay?

Ones like this (for example):
ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-AU-USA-E … 2318c6bb9f
There are several different models and suppliers of devices like this, which seem to be a small generic Windows CE tablet with built in GPS and some kind of navigation software pre-loaded.

I’ve been thinking about buying one for quite a while now, maybe I will, just out of interest (after all, it isn’t that much money). I was wondering though if anyone on here has used one, and if so would they care to share their experiences and thoughts? I’d also like to know how long this sort of thing usually takes to ship?

“Z”

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Seems too cheap to be any good.
Has temptation got the better of you yet?

Not yet! In the end I went for a used Tomtom that I bought through ebay.

I’m still tempted by one of these though, just out of curiosity. Surely someone on here must know something about them?

Does seem too good to be true, but I’d buy one if I had the money. Still interested to hear from anyone who had parted with their cash…

Here’s one I’ve been watching on Ebay: ebay.co.uk/itm/2-1-TRUCK-7-H … 0605917494
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

9 drivers in our company now own the trucksat nav from a company off ebay.
they are called bargainsatnav.co.uk
priced at 129.00 do everything you can ask for, even european map’s. myself bought one months ago and have to say, they are a fantastic toy to have. :smiley:

^Suspicious^

barginsatnav.co.uk , went to try and get onto site and my anti virus software stopped it , seemingly a trojan threat on the site , not good

sorry to hear that gadge, but it was 9 months since i bought mine, and not been back to look since. my satnav from this guy has been trouble free

there is a place in Feltham in Middlesex selling these for around £79 British and European Truck maps installed been using it for 4 months now and they are very very good .they have FM so can come over top of radio as well as play films or read e books .

gadge:
barginsatnav.co.uk , went to try and get onto site and my anti virus software stopped it , seemingly a trojan threat on the site , not good

Same here.

Hi got one it was ordered and delivered in 7 days i got the one with record capabilities and the extra large sd card so i can film a loop on my trips the map software for lorry is on a par or better in ways than the tomtom truck which i own and run now and then so i can compare hope it helps.

Zetorpilot:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried one of the 7" Truck Satnavs that are available on ebay?

There are several different models and suppliers of devices like this, which seem to be a small generic Windows CE tablet with built in GPS and some kind of navigation software pre-loaded.

I’ve been thinking about buying one for quite a while now, maybe I will, just out of interest (after all, it isn’t that much money). I was wondering though if anyone on here has used one, and if so would they care to share their experiences and thoughts? I’d also like to know how long this sort of thing usually takes to ship?

“Z”

Hi got one it was ordered and delivered in 7 days i got the one with record capabilities and the extra large sd card so i can film a loop on my trips the map software for lorry is on a par or better in ways than the tomtom truck which i own and run now and then so i can compare hope it helps.

Zetorpilot:
Hi,

“Z”

Bought one of the stand alone 7" units a few months ago. I found it can be a bit slow to input post codes etc for navigation, but apart from that all OK. The one I had is running Igo Primo navigation software on WinCE 6.0. For truck navigation, although not perfect I have found it to be far better than Tomtom truck navigation for a fraction of the price.

Even if you use a top end satnav like tomtom/snooper/garmin etc I suppose this one would be a good back up incase your regular one breaks down. I may consider it as a spare.

I got a Go 530 truck off ebid (uk.ebid.net/ it has the latest 2012 Maps, Speed Cameras, you name it, its got it best Satnav by far and only cost £149

All very interesting replies, thanks. In the end, I got a used TomTom from ebay with the truck maps and navcore on it, but may still try one of these Chinese ones just out of interest at some point.

hello mates,
i bought me a chinese one, 5 inch for £43 . loads of software is running on it ! e.g.
the pronav 350,which costed as an upgrade something around 40 pounds…
put it in a card reader otherwise it tries to upgrade ur laptop and crushes ur pc !
take the micro sd card out of the adapter and put it in a crd reader{ 2pounds!}

OPEN UR EXPLORER
coopy ONLY 2 files on ur pc !
it is “navigator” and “mobile navigator” {nothing else!! }
copy it on a new 4 giga bite micro sd card
put sd card in chinese trucknav and set any path from above files .{ both r working}
i choose navigator.exe
95% working really great

excellent especially for London

so i got a pronav 350 trucknav not hacked !
// I paid for it… it costed aroun 80 pounds
and works great :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Please do try and use the Queens English when ‘ur’ typing, old chap.

This isn’t some yoof forum you know. Innit.

Ken.

i m sorry,but i have to use the online keyboard. my real one is broken… hope anybody likes my post, lol
oh i forgot to say that one or two times per week is coming up application error as a message. dont worry close the message and click on navigation … it starts again. that the only thing… i can live with that

Hello all, sorry only just spotted this thread.

I’ve been a TT user since day one of getting a sat nav (on my third at the moment), and my latest one was an all singing all dancing Go Live 820 with full European maps, lifetime map updates etc. apart from having the truck software on it… :unamused:

So about a month / 6 weeks ago I was browsing through the numerous forums about the sat navs and after much deliberation I took the plunge and bought a £50 unit off eBay. At the moment all I can give it is praise, it has a 7 inch screen, (no bluetooth admittedly), full European maps. And I love it. :smiley:

Yes it isn’t as smooth running as the TT or as pretty to look at map-wise, but for weight restrictions, heights, widths etc. it hasn’t skipped a beat. My only little gripe is as been mentioned on here about the map update service, it isn’t the easiest thing to do and not the most up to date. I plugged it into the laptop as soon as it arrived just to make sure and it has the latest maps from early 2012… :unamused:

Just to be safe when I first got the cheap Chinese unit, I ran the two units alongside one another. In the end I just switched the TT off and used the cheapy unit.

Final little bit of advice, it you want a sat nav that you can “rely upon” (I put that in inverted commas as that opened up a whole can of worms a few weeks ago on another thread), then a proper TT (or other make) with the live traffic on cannot be beaten, then if you need the widths, heights etc. then a full truck one is excellent. However if like me you only need it every now and then to find your way to a new place and not sure of the restrictions in the area, then I recommend one of the cheap ones.