Eaton Twin Spliter?

how loved em how hated em?

best box ever made if you knew how to use them brad lad

bob-lad:

i agree best box ever made i drove my dads sed atki stratos on docks when was 15 with the twin split in got them masterd at a young age wish my scania had one in

The first two days of using one I thought they were ■■■■ but once youve got the hang of it they are a coddle :sunglasses:

bob-lad:

CJA1:
Hi Bob-Lad, Yeh av to agree mate, Brilliant box, this was my first one fitted with Twin split, Cheers Chris.

Tankfreight Work 069.JPG

Hi, All
Best manual gearbox I ever had. After the first couple of days I was an expert at “name that tune”
Would have one again tomorrow.

Cheers Bassman

Did anyone use the unoffical method of lightening quick changes on these, I went on a road test with a driver that never took his foot off the gas and dabbed the exhaust brake :open_mouth: :open_mouth: for a gear change, I never saw anyone else change gear that quick, I was at first horrified but he reckoned he had always drove it like that with no probs :confused:

I prefered the 13 speed fuller ,we had both where i worked

ramone:
I prefered the 13 speed fuller ,we had both where i worked

I’m with you on that one, I loved the 9 and 13 speed fullers.

Still got one in service in a EC11 great box

Prefered the 9 and 13 speed fullers myself

This EC ERF We had with the ETS, Was a good performer, IMO The gear box was great, But of course it had to be used the way it was designed to be used, and I new some drivers that couldnt get the hang of not using the clutch, But having said that I new a lot of drivers that couldnt get the hang of driving a motor no matter what gear box it had, Regards Larry.

This one of ours also had a ETS Box, Regards Larry

Trev_H:
Did anyone use the unoffical method of lightening quick changes on these, I went on a road test with a driver that never took his foot off the gas and dabbed the exhaust brake :open_mouth: :open_mouth: for a gear change, I never saw anyone else change gear that quick, I was at first horrified but he reckoned he had always drove it like that with no probs :confused:

These modern electrically-operated 'boxes do that, I think. They operate the engine brake to slow the engine quicker, when changing up. Seems like a good idea. Correct me if I am wrong.

Best gearbox ever still have three moters with them in, an experienced driver can change so quick you would think it was auto. the trick with the exhaust brake is a great way of doin it, works well with a jake too, I have an ERF with a 800,000 plus on same clutch cos its never used apart from setting off, the lad that drives it hated it for two days until i took him out and showed him the ropes ,he had the usual probs , missing his gears ,ending up in neutral ect,but now he praises it to high heaven.

This ERF Which my son Nigel drives has a comfort button on the gear stick and changes gear very quickly with no loss of power & pulls like a train at 40 Tonnes, Regards Larry.

Correction I should have put 44 tonnes, Regards Larry.

Didn’t we cover this a bit ago in a post in Professional Drivers Forum entitled, “Did anyone tyhink the eaton splitter was a good gearbox?” It appears to be on page 5 with the first post made on 31st Dec 2012.
But if you think we should have a bit of a groundhog day…

I posted the official Eaton twin splitter how to guide on here some time in the past.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This EC ERF We had with the ETS, Was a good performer, IMO The gear box was great, But of course it had to be used the way it was designed to be used, and I new some drivers that couldnt get the hang of not using the clutch, But having said that I new a lot of drivers that couldnt get the hang of driving a motor no matter what gear box it had, Regards Larry.

this ec12 looks odd with the E series wind kit on roof Lawrence nice picks what engine is in the roadtrain?