Eaton road ranger conversion

Hi guys?

im mike from Australia and im new here, i got a volvo fh12 v2, it has a problem with the hi splitter, i try searching everywhere for infor but cant find anything, so im thinking replacing this gear box with an eaton 18sp, has any1 here done something like this b4? need information on what i need etc… thanks :unamused:

There’s Paul mason at Geartech he does twin splitter conversions from 16 speeds ,iam not sure on his Volvo knowledge he was in Cannock area .

Hi mike, Can’t say I’ve ever heard of anyone over here swapping the Volvo box for an eaton, though I understand if the eaton box is more popular in Australia. The I shift gearbox is more popular in the uk than the manual. Is there no Volvo truck dealers in your neck of the woods you could ask?

adaptor plate from volvo to fuller is very simple to machine up if thats any help .

Before you go swapping gearboxes, make sure the output flange is not loose as this can stop it getting high range if you can hear the solenoid working.

Until I-shift was made standard very recently most Volvo in the US and Canada had a 9, 10, 13 or 18spd Fuller behind them, so have a look at the US parts websites, they’ll have all you need.

This UK Volvo had an 18-speed Fuller in. Robert :smiley:

Those F16s were the best looking 6x4 heavy haulage units ever made, especially with a big heavy duty bumper and chequer plate rear wings.