Easy Tether Pro

Anyone use this?

For those not in the know, Easy Tether Pro is an app you download onto your phone which allows you to share the phones internet connection with your laptop. Using this app will not use up any of your tethering allowance so is ideal for the likes of me who has unlimited data from Three Mobile but only 4GB tethering allowance. In my job on reefers I can be parked up for long hours, sometimes as much as 18 hours. Without Netflix, Now TV etc I would be bored out my skull. This is perfect. As long as you have a decent internet connection then it works brilliantly with very little lag when loading up web pages and virtually no buffering when streaming Netflix or Now TV. It’s faster than using tethering via your phones WiFi Hotspot.

When I park up I use the speedtest.net application on my phone to see how good the connection is before I pull my card in case I want to change space to improve it. Netflix is happy with about 1.5Mbps, Now TV needs a little more.

Steve

P.S I forgot to mention there is also a tablet version of this, if you don’t use a laptop. This version of it uses Bluetooth to connect the two devices. Obviously a little slower than the Laptop version which uses the charger cable.

If your on 3 you can just go into settings and change the APN (access point name) from three.co.uk to 3internet, you can tether as much as you like and it wont come off your tethering allowance

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Really? I used to have unlimited data on 3, I used it as my broadband at home for the duration of the contract, however when I renewed my contract they don’t allow unlimited tethering anymore there is a cap on tethering usage now.

I can’t see how by either using an app or changing the access point info it would allow you to use it unlimited but I am intrigued lol

simcor:
Really? I used to have unlimited data on 3, I used it as my broadband at home for the duration of the contract, however when I renewed my contract they don’t allow unlimited tethering anymore there is a cap on tethering usage now.

I can’t see how by either using an app or changing the access point info it would allow you to use it unlimited but I am intrigued lol

As you can see I used nearly 40GB last month using Easy Tether Pro and it didn’t cost me a penny in tethering charges and I still have my 4GB allowance left over

I wish I understood all this or had a child about to explain it.

simcor:

Don’t understand why 3 did away with The One Plan and its unltd data/tethering…oh, wait :arrow_up:

I use a similar product - pdanet+, let’s me use as much tethering as I want without affecting my allowance. Is ET pro available on apple, or us it just androud like pdanet?

Actrosman:

simcor:

Don’t understand why 3 did away with The One Plan and its unltd data/tethering…oh, wait :arrow_up:

Lol that’s right I cocked it up for everyone on 3 :imp:

At the end of the day the plan they did allowed you to use unlimited data either on the device or by tethering. Because of where I live my internet speed down ADSL was poor at the very best around 4.5mb on a good day, I mostly got that through my phone and sometimes even better. I was paying a decent wedge for my phone contract then paying a decent wedge to sky as well. So ditched Sky and used my phone allowance.

As with most things 3 did that plan to get people hooked on using their network and as a USP and then eventually pulled the plug on that with the newer contracts and limited tethering caps. It was never going to last forever really was it?

What knackered it up was the thousands who did exactly the same as you though and some would use 10x your amount. Admittedly I tethered my iPad but only when on a bay or break and wouldn’t even use 10g/month which for 42 notes wasn’t really worth me having in the long run

Actrosman:
What knackered it up was the thousands who did exactly the same as you though and some would use 10x your amount. Admittedly I tethered my iPad but only when on a bay or break and wouldn’t even use 10g/month which for 42 notes wasn’t really worth me having in the long run

True but 3 did want to offer something very few other providers were doing, even without the people who used it, it was never going to work out in the long run, especially with the roll out of 4G which meant customers in good areas could download at much faster speeds.

And however you look at it, the phone and broadband providers have been screwing every penny out of people for years.

When you look at the broadband ans speeds people can get varying so much with people still in 2016 getting exceptionally poor speeds was it any wonder. And lets not forget we are talking about business that make millions or billions of pounds profit every year no doubt.