Easy sheets, Yee Haa!

Driving down the M5 this morning, 8 wheel tipper joins the motorway with what looked like a load of top soil complete with stones in the load but the ‘Easy Sheet’ was stowed nicely on the front of the body ! WHY ?

It only takes about 30 seconds to ‘Push’ the button/lever & all the Debris will stay under it, then about 30 seconds at the drop to stow it away again. (But I suppose it would have cost him a Total of 1 minute of his precious job n’ finish day !)

Please Mr VOSA, clamp down on these Cowboys & save our nice clean motors with non chipped windscreens from getting damaged by these Lazy ■■■■■■■■

you see itball the time and tbh I don’t understand how they get away with it, surely it comes under an unsecured load■■? Anyway nothing will change I have seen VOSA drive straight by tippers like this, must admit its always rigid tippers thay are not sheeted.

Wasn’t this discussed a couple of days ago?

Contraflow:
Wasn’t this discussed a couple of days ago?

Maybe ! So what ? I saw this one this morning, perhaps some of them will get the message & start using their sheets. Too much rushing around IMO !

My mistake. I think I was reading an old thread. It was discussed at length about what you can carry and what you can’t carry un-sheeted. If I had the time or the inclination to find it for you, I’d find it for you… but I haven’t, so crack on drive.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376062944.587854.jpg

This dude was making a good job of gritting the M1 near Alfreton this afternoon.

Diff Lock:

This dude was making a good job of gritting the M1 near Alfreton this afternoon.

His looks like it might be a little broken though.

Diff Lock:

If it was that bad,why drive so close to his rear end?

The picture has been cropped smart arse.

Diff Lock:
The picture has been cropped smart arse.

:laughing: :laughing:

Some people are too quick to point the finger.

Some people are too quick to point the finger.
[/quote]
Your right mate they always want to belittle people rather than add any value to the thread content.

It might have been like mine, with the f%$*in’ elastic’s all wrapped round the brake sprocket!!! :grimacing:

Anything dry processed like crushed stone, topsoil (a grey area as it maybe as dug), compost etc should be sheeted. Wet processed like sand and gravel doesn’t need to be unless there’s a risk of it blowing off. Stone above 200mm doesn’t need sheeting but quarry rules mostly tell you to. Demolition rubble is a catch 22 as it’s dusty but the rf wire will tear the sheet. I used to damp rubble down, but then some do gooder will cry on here that dirty water is dripping out of the tailgate…
This is all good revision as my return to tipper driving draws ever nearer. :laughing:

papermonkey:
It might have been like mine, with the f%$*in’ elastic’s all wrapped round the brake sprocket!!! :grimacing:

They’re a good idea in theory the old kwikcova system but once they get snagged or tangled you can’t do much from ground level to sort them out. Most places don’t allow you to climb on the vehicle any more.

Diff Lock:

papermonkey:

They’re a good idea in theory the old kwikcova system but once they get snagged or tangled you can’t do much from ground level to sort them out. Most places don’t allow you to climb on the vehicle any more.

They’re like any mechanical system, they need TLC & maintenance. I used to drive a Roll on/Roll off with an easy sheet, that you had to operate from ground level (not inside the cab) & if it got snagged or caught up I had a pole with a hook on to help with the bungee/elastic . When the bungee got frayed or snapped, it would be changed. A lot of people just make excuses when it comes to sheeting loads, but the law is the law & I wouldn’t want to be responsible for causing damage or worse/an accident, all because I couldn’t be bothered to spend a couple of minutes sheeting a load.

Contraflow:
My mistake. I think I was reading an old thread. It was discussed at length about what you can carry and what you can’t carry un-sheeted. If I had the time or the inclination to find it for you, I’d find it for you… but I haven’t, so crack on drive.

Contraflow, here’s the thread I started back in February- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96702#p1414396
But no apologies for bringing it up again, I think these Cowboys need to be taken off the road & retrained & ask them "How would you feel if your wife & kids were following you in a car & something fell or blew off the top of your load causing them to swerve into the path of an oncoming juggernaut ■■? " :open_mouth: (or even worse- what if a stone falls off & chips Vikings paintwork or windscreen on his 5 month old MAN TGX) :imp:

Suedehead:

Diff Lock:

If it was that bad,why drive so close to his rear end?

It’s alright saying “don’t follow too close” but what about the Job & Finish Cowboys who haven’t got a second to loose, whose limiter is set 1 mph faster than yours, then they cut in with 1 inch to spare, making sure that you wipers aren’t sticking out too far ! (I do knock the cruise control off, but by then, it could be too late)

As a reformed tipper driver I have been guilty of not sheeting usually with muck away.

I have to say it’s not usually time that has stopped me sheeting with the likes of road planings or other dusty stuff but rather that I’ve forgotten.

But of course none of you professional drivers ever forget anything.

Once it’s dawned on me that I’ve not sheeted I would typically pull in or wait until I’ve come to a stop and sheet down, most often after being reminded by one of ours going the other way.