Easy hours guide

Is there an easy guide or website to understanding the driving hours, or even a decent timer or app.

Thanks for any advice

Download this leaflet and carry it with you

Steve

gov.uk/government/publicati … le-drivers

There are apps depends on your phone

I use a Dairy to keep all my hours in etc

Quite handy that I think I will pinch a copy as well if you don’t mind :smiley:

This app truckertimer by App Holdings on Google Play Store definitely for Android think if Luke still runs it Apple as well.

It’s only one that’s ever been completely reliable as long as you input the times and modes accurately. Over the course of week depending on the generation tachograph you select you’re using it might be out as much as 5 mins over a week.

But that’ll never matter as your tacho is calibrated and your card is the only record and what’s on there is all that matters this app is as much an aid as a piece of paper but all in one place :smiley:

I’ve now used it every day for last 2.5 years and now fully understand what I can do and why and then why I may have infringed and then carry on until I can sort situation out…not the best thing for a newbie to be doing but infringements will happen unfortunately.

Also it does cost a little money but well worth it in my eyes and I don’t buy apps ever…bar this one. :unamused:

C

+1 for truckertimer. The automatic GPS-based mode switch is really useful; just remember that when you use it, it drains the phone battery like nothing else, so keep the phone plugged into the truck.

I guess the downside is that, if you also use your phone as a SatNav, it’s a bit of a pain having to keep switching between apps. That’s partly the reason why I have a separate SatNav.

Alternatively you could get a cheap-and-nasty Android tablet for about £25 and use it just for running Truckertimer.