Eastern european virgin!

Hi , i’m venturing east shortly and looking for any advice and tips .
Going to Poland , various as yet unknown sites , then down to Hungary , just west of Budapest .
Depending on where i am finishing in Poland , it appears that i will have to go through either Austria or Czech to get to Hungary . Is one a better option than the other ? What’s the situation like in these countries ref parking , i.e. availabilty and safety , and what are the roads like ?
If anyone could advise ref border entries/exits , toll systems , euro road tax , etc , etc it would be greatly appreciated !!
Thanks in advance for your time .

well gutted, thought was going to be some fit 18 year old blonde romanian with pictures
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
well gutted, thought was going to be some fit 18 year old blonde romanian with pictures
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Me too!!

Did you have a bad head wednesday morning after all those bottles of Mahou?

Hombre:

welshboyinspain:

Me too!!

Did you have a bad head wednesday morning after all those bottles of Mahou?

No and had a great chinese on the way home :laughing: :laughing:

well lets see have you read through the EURO sticky,s
YOU NEED WINTER TYRES fitted on the drive axle
also SNOW CHAINS in HUNGARY it is LAW no chains
they can refuse you entry,make sure you have
the above items it will cost you other wise,
in the sticky.s In Austria they have truck check
points open 24/7 as for Poland, Orys will give you
better Info ,Germany at present the roads are not as bad
now unless the weather gets worse again,

if you are going to be in Hungary for more than 2 days, then get 10 days tax. it’s the same price as 3 days.
austria is expensive to transit, so go the czech route. i’m sure it’s a lot cheaper, but not 100%.

the prostitutes are cheap in hungary, i don’t think they are virgins. but you could ask. :laughing:

Thanks brit pete and limeyphil . Sorry no pretty little eastern virgin girl for you other guys but the heading got you to open the post didn’t it !!

I go through Austria, Vienna to be precise. On the M1 to Budapest. buy your tax on the border. Take the vehicle docs in with you.
The roads are generally in very good condition. I have never felt unsafe in Hungary. There are a couple of truckstops that seem ok.
Poland is brilliant. I love the way they overtake! Good roads, loads of parking, great food cheap too. I love it there.
A lot of people speak English. Just be polite and reap the benefits. Good luck. If you need more just ask.

depending on how old you truck is if its EURO 3 or higher the road charges are less
look at the road charges sites in the sticky. s as this will be able to tell you roughly
the cost of using the roads and may make you decided to use Czech instead of Austria
be also aware that in AUSTRIA the road ban starts on SATURDAY at 1500hrs ;SO be
sure when you are home ward bound which route you will take,
If you go via AUSTRIA stop at ST POLTERN services on the motorway and go to
the trucker part, and join the trucker club of ROSENBURGER STOPS there it gets you lots of
discounts and is a great stop,Hungary has some bloody good shopping places and tescos
is here as well,

when going to budapest, why take a detour through czech and austria? going through slovakia - banska bystrica or kosice will save a lot of km and the roads are pretty good.

milodon:
when going to budapest, why take a detour through czech and austria? going through slovakia - banska bystrica or kosice will save a lot of km and the roads are pretty good.

that is what we mean, when we say the czech route. :wink:

limeyphil:

milodon:

that is what we mean, when we say the czech route. :wink:

Milodon is from Europe, he’s not used to British way of thinking. I am used to. I’ll try explain it to him:

Milodon: I am now work for european freight company and I just can’t believe but it is as it is: for them Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia is all the same, former Yugoslavia is made of “Slovakia” and “these parts of Yugoslavia who are not in European union” and “Croatia, I think they are in EU, I was there on holidays once”. They give me float money for Czechoslovakian vignette, they tell that if I go to Ljubjana, I can’t go via Slovakia, I have to go via Hungary (well, that one can be done no problem, I also offered that I can avoid Finland and Portugal, but they did not got the joke)… I was ordered to go from Vienna to Cesky Tesin via Slovenia to collect something from it’s capitol, Bratislava… I am no longer surprised when they send me to “Czechoslovakia” or mix up “Slovenia with Slovakia” as this just come up as a standard :wink:

Haven’t been in yours parts of Europe yet, but they called me once from the office (I remind you, there is a big map on the wall!) to ask if Riga is in Estonia or in Belarus…

There can be only one comment:

and this is facepalm of this size:

Also, they sent me from east of Czech Republic to it’s west, some small village hidden in Krkonose, and they were surprised that it will take me 4 hours. “It’s so small country” they said…

Haha, lot of stories I can tell about it :slight_smile: It’s fun :slight_smile:

I am surprised, as in the office there is a big map of Europe and everything seems to be in right place. But they still behave like everything east of Berlin was a white space with “Lions live here” (or Polar bears maybe?) written on it…