Easter break?....?

Hi all, I’m sure the odd headline to the effect that if you book 2-3 days here and there, you can attain a megga Easter holiday?
Well, as ever, that one just doesn’t extend to our own exhalted industry. I saw no really noticable reduction in commercial traffic at all. Same old [zb] different day.
Apart from getting made redundant on April 21, has anyone on here acheived a mega Easter hol??

Yepp me 11 days off got in quick to book it lovely :laughing: :laughing:

i don’t get holiday pay.

Bank holidays don’t exist at our place. I’m off Sunday but that’s only because it’s my day off any way. In Monday Tuesday off Wednesday then in Thursday till Monday. :frowning:

limeyphil:
i don’t get holiday pay.

nor me, but I do get double bubble! :smiley:

papermonkey:
Hi all, I’m sure the odd headline to the effect that if you book 2-3 days here and there, you can attain a megga Easter holiday?

Tis true, but like Christmas, the transport industry steps up a gear to keep shelves stocked with beef burgers, barbecues, beer, bread buns, beach balls and bunk beds.

The proles think that all this comes as if by magic, and the people who man the tills in the supermarkets and garages come from the other rock near the sun.

To add to this, they block the roads with flimsy aluminium boxes and cars they only normally drive on Sunday and blame us, the lorry drivers for holding them up.

Happy Easter :stuck_out_tongue:

truckerjon:

limeyphil:
i don’t get holiday pay.

i tried smoking that once. :laughing:

limeyphil:

truckerjon:

limeyphil:
i don’t get holiday pay.

i tried smoking that once. :laughing:

me too, back in the 60’s! :wink:

ive got 14 days off and only used 7 days of my annual leave thanks to the bank hols

was the first one to book it at our place the day after they announced the extra bank hol for the royal wedding

I’ve booked 3 days and off for 11. Employer doesn’t mind as my lorry’s broke down with a dodgy water pump and workshop are short-staffed.

I work tuesday to saturday and also have to work good friday and the royal wedding day. So I get bugger all time off from all these public holidays :neutral_face: Double pay for both fridays though.

Yep I’m off for the eleven days, don’t work weekends or bank holidays which I just get holiday pay for so suits me.

I did have to run back in 3hrs from a night out on good friday but got finished at 8am got 8hrs at treble time=result!