East Coast

I’ve relocated to the east coast (Norwich area) and wondered if any of the local lads could let me know who its worth contacting for work. Also agencies etc. I do have some from searches on the net but local help would be great.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Can’t tell you if they are good or bad to work for or the rates of pay, but for agencies try Contract Personnel,
http://www.contract-personnel.co.uk/contact.aspx
As for companies there is a Turners depot in Norwich, on Burton Road near the Airport, also Smurfits at Jupiter road,
Foulgers at Snetterton and Roudham Heath, Jack Richards at Fakenham, Matthews in Great Yarmouth and Banham Poultry in Attleborough.
Loads of small haulage companies about mainly run by farmers. Also I know of several drivers who go and work for companies based in Felixstowe and Ipswich, the pay seems to make it worth thier while.

Really depends on exactly what part of the Norwich area you are, North or South Norwich and if you want all week out, the occasional night out or day work.

i have worked out of felixstowe for the last 14yrs but live in yarmouth am away all week but not on night out every time but the money is better than anything you can get in norfolk for tramping,but avoid theagencies in ipswich/felixstowe they promise you one thing and deliver nothing

NORFOLK is Anglo Saxon for ‘I married my cousin.’ For proof look at the presenters on Anglia TV . Its TV for radio stars.

Contract Personnel are the biggest agency in Norfolk I believe. You could also try ■■■ Personnel in Watton, they seem to call me regularly so I guess they have plenty of work.

Also try DHL at Stanton, DPD in Thetford and Bartrums at Eye…

harry:
NORFOLK is Anglo Saxon for ‘I married my cousin.’ For proof look at the presenters on Anglia TV . Its TV for radio stars.

No that’s Suffolk, :imp:

Norfolk is Anglo Saxon for I married my sister. :laughing:

My mistake ! Hope it hasn’t caused offence :blush:
Apologies to all Norfolkians.

harry:
My mistake ! Hope it hasn’t caused offence :blush:
Apologies to all Norfolkians.

i will have to think about that. :neutral_face:

:wink:

Cheers guys, I shall start the phone rounds and visits this week!

If you have any spare weekend time, you could become a member of East Coast Truckers Charity, see the Convoy leave County Hall, Norwich 10am Sunday 29th, a event to be seen in it’s 25th year.

suffolk gold:
If you have any spare weekend time, you could become a member of East Coast Truckers Charity, see the Convoy leave County Hall, Norwich 10am Sunday 29th, a event to be seen in it’s 25th year.

or even PM Mr Vain and volunteer to help marshall :wink:

If you want to be a marshall, phone Darrren on 07966397733