Earning money -on the side

any of you do that ? buy or sell / grasscutting things like that? i dont but i know a guy dabbles in old handguns and curios

What black under the table money that doesnt involve tax, surely no one would be daft enough to admit that anywhere on the internet, would they?

I exchange alcohol for urine. Hasn’t showed me any profits yet, but I’m convinced that my business model is sound.

Trickydick:
What black under the table money that doesnt involve tax, surely no one would be daft enough to admit that anywhere on the internet, would they?

According to the so-called “trading allowance”, if you turn over less than £1,000 from a business, you don’t need to declare it anyway. It’s a bit like “personal use” for tobacco at customs.

It’s still prudent to keep records, particularly if the extent of the business activity might be thought to approach or exceed the limit, but these records would only need to be referred to in the event of a tax investigation.

Get a few quid for the odd pallet every so often.

Trickydick:

Yep. I imagine hmrc with send the heavy squad round as soon as they get wind of it, what with this being an anonymous forum and all

a mate works as a barman to prop up his wages as a hgv driver :frowning:

I work 3.5 days a week, that’s more than enough, thank you very much.