Eager beaver, or Scottish colin

Can you maybe help me with the holiday pay as I’m struggling to get a answer , it changed not long ago to your average pay, or mine did 5 days at what ever your average was.
Now I recently had 2 days off and got one at basic, one at average.
Just had a week off and got 3 days at basic, 2 days average :confused: , I’ve asked the question but am getting no answers , can you tell me how there paying you while on hol, is it basic, average , or as me some of each . Ta

Is it your average pay based on the previous 13 weeks wage?

When I was there, after the pay rise I was told it gets worked out over the last 13 full weeks worked, so say it averages out at 55 hours, that’s what you should get paid, that is what I was told by he drivers rep.

dozy:
Can you maybe help me with the holiday pay as I’m struggling to get a answer , it changed not long ago to your average pay, or mine did 5 days at what ever your average was.
Just had a week off and got 3 days at basic, 2 days average :confused: , I’ve asked the question but am getting no answers , can you tell me how there paying you while on hol, is it basic, average , or as me some of each . Ta

Dozy check how many days holidays you have used .I am sure it was 20days at average pay then the last 8 days at basic pay.It is a crap system i voted against it but other must have thought it was good.

Colin_scottish:

dozy:

Dozy check how many days holidays you have used .I am sure it was 20days at average pay then the last 8 days at basic pay.It is a crap system i voted against it but other must have thought it was good.

Thanks Colin that may explain it then

Aye no bother happy to help.Since you always give us have a laugh.

Sorry for the late reply Doze. Your holiday pay is based on average earnings mate. Mine is £94.00 per day.

Obviously you do not get the £15 meal allowance for each holiday day used. It does not seem to make sense that you seem to have been paid a ‘mix’ of basic and average. I would hazard a guess that 8 of our 28 day entitlement holidays are paid at basic rate, as we are expected to work Bank Holidays.

This may explain it.

eagerbeaver:
Sorry for the late reply Doze. Your holiday pay is based on average earnings mate. Mine is £94.00 per day.

Obviously you do not get the £15 meal allowance for each holiday day used. It does not seem to make sense that you seem to have been paid a ‘mix’ of basic and average. I would hazard a guess that 8 of our 28 day entitlement holidays are paid at basic rate, as we are expected to work Bank Holidays.

This may explain it.

Your alright mate ,I’m starting to get it ,I get 33 days hols due to service ,I just couldn’t get my head round the fact my holiday was paid at average and now I’m getting x amount at average and x amount at basic ,but I guess I must be getting 20 days at average and 13 days at basic ( shouldn’t we be getting the £14 hol enhancement on that we used to get on the basic payment ) and they must be just averaging it out with x amount of days at av and x amount at basic.