e petitions

I’ve just been having a quick flick through the new e petitions website and found numerous petitions against us truck drivers, mainly banning us from overtaking.
Any ideas for an epetition we could put up?

Make it illegal for a car to be on a motorway under 60mph (unless a restriction is causing it ie space saver tyre, towing etc)

Teach the ■■■■■ how to join a motorway so they don’t match your speed for the full length of the slip road.

Ban scameras and get police on the roads instead, just because a car is legal, doesn’t mean it’s being legally driven at that time, might be the kids joyriding, or over the limit etc…

waynedl:
Make it illegal for a car to be on a motorway under 60mph (unless a restriction is causing it ie space saver tyre, towing etc)

Teach the [zb] how to join a motorway so they don’t match your speed for the full length of the slip road.

Ban scameras and get police on the roads instead, just because a car is legal, doesn’t mean it’s being legally driven at that time, might be the kids joyriding, or over the limit etc…

All spot on there mate.

to teach the retards that that gap in front of us hgv drivers coming on to a roundabout isnt there for mr smart arse salesman bmw/audi/range rover driver to cut in front of us thats one thing that really gets on my ■■■■

Grasshopper:

waynedl:

This especially, I pass more dithering car drivers on the motorway now more than ever, their excuse? Saving fuel mostly, how about leaving the car at home then :imp:

A detector on the dash that records how many seconds you are fromthe vehicle in front and warns you if you are too close. Also one in the rear that lets you know if you pull out that you have reduced a gap from you and the vehicle (normally a wagon) behind you, which would tell you to speed up and increase the gap, instead of making me loose my momentum drop out of cruise and have to build up again, by this time the nb is 2 miles down the road!

skids:
I’ve just been having a quick flick through the new e petitions website and found numerous petitions against us truck drivers, mainly banning us from overtaking.

How about not lowering yourself to their level. :unamused:

ban tachograph regulations.
make all speed limits the same for all vehicles.

I had a look too and soon got bored at the drivel.

There are several petions about restricting HGV’s in various ways as the OP said, but I am confident that they will not get much support.

My suggestion would be to ask the government to re-visit all speed limits; both where they are and the actual limit. An obvious one would be the 50mph limit for LGV’s on DC’s. Another would be the 70 limit for cars on m’ways. I think that now limits are more widely observed (because of cameras mainly) there is a case for many of them to be raised - I am sure that a lot of 30mph limits were introduced on the basis that most drivers would probably do 40.

Rob K:

skids:

How about not lowering yourself to their level. :unamused:

Yeah I came to that conclusion last night Rob as well. Good luck to them. They’d soon have something else holding them up that they’d have to take to parliment! :unamused:

As I said in the other thread about this topic…all UK truck drivers SHOULD petition for a UK truck overtaking ban just so we can watch as anything that tries to join or leave a motorway struggles and we can say “told you so”

And for those that go on about safety blah blah blah…let a crash happen, just record it with a little dash cam or something so you can prove someone cut you up trying to leave the motorway.

Grayham:

Grasshopper:

waynedl:

This especially, I pass more dithering car drivers on the motorway now more than ever, their excuse? Saving fuel mostly, how about leaving the car at home then :imp:

If they left the car at home, that would mean they would be walking on the Mway…now that would be dangerous!

limeyphil:
ban tachograph regulations.
make all speed limits the same for all vehicles.

Exactly.

With speed limits being so far out of sync within the different category’s of vehicle, its no wonder there are problems on the roads

truckerspal:

Grayham:

Grasshopper:

waynedl:

If they left the car at home, that would mean they would be walking on the Mway…now that would be dangerous!

Unless they were a cheetah they wouldn’t be able to speed up and stop me overtaking :laughing:

Fairfuel have got one calling for a reduction in fuel duty

bit.ly/FFUK-Gov

stop the tolls at dartford that will get rid of most of the hold ups

Do away with the railways completely !

Convert all railtracks into HGV only motorways.

This will…

a. Get a lot of the lorries off the current motorways,thereby appeasing the car drivers.

b. Make journey times quicker due to no cars holding us up.

c. Reduce the costs to the taxpayer of maintaining the rail infrastructure.

d. Increase the jobs for coach drivers

e. enable trucks to get into city centres at any time without having to battle through rush hour traffic.

f. make car journeys quick due to no lorries holding them up

g. Sidings can be transformed into truckparks.

h. Reduce crime due to no white transit vans with dogs on ropes allowed on the network.

i. Large industrial areas (Trafford Park etc )would have direct truck only routes.

All the metalwork (i.e lines, gantrys, electric cables etc) can be recycled as waste to help pay for the resurfacing.

If a mp takes those petitions serious then god help us all. You can tell there made by angry motorists who think we are the congestion yet its us who get stuck behind cars in rush hour traffic dordling between lanes because their sat nav says keep left then keep right. the most is 79 sigs cant see any of these following through and one says that the highways agency say the roads would be 17% better is hgv’s were banned from overtaking… WELL when it never happens we all sit lane 1 40mph nose to tail then they wont be able to exit the motorway :smiling_imp:

Ban people who want things banning

make it compulsory for women to wear short skirts when driving.
ban ugly, fat cows from driving.