e-petition

OK so here is a petition already started by someone else and as it has the same end then they will not allow me to start a new one. So sign it and get others to sign it. We need 100,000 signatures by the end of October. If they don’t reach this then I will start a new one in October.
epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56189

Already signed (followed link from a FB page)
Long way to go tho - has 928 signatures at the moment…

What a waste of time that is, most drivers like to be over worked and if they didn’t like the money they would leave. Trampers can become day drivers if they want to be at home but most love the bosses truck more than there wife, why are the cabs cold turn the heater on that will warm them up, as for food every one else pays for food why not drivers. On this site a couple of weeks ago there was a post for train drivers paying £45000 for 35 hour week how many applied?

Not signed. Can’t be arsed. Already earn more than you’re begging for. Sorry. I’m alright Jack? If you like. You get paid what you’re worth and I get paid what I’m worth. Can’t say fairer than that. Sorry again.

Have you seen some of their wives.?That petition should have been spell checked and proof read before posting.

Agreed that the e-petition linked is not great, but as op stated, he couldn’t raise a new one as this one was existing.

I too already earn more than the minimums being stated, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t sympathise with those drivers that are being (in my view) short changed by earning less than the minimum.

We collectively have

1. Paid out a large sum to obtain our licence(s)
  2. Are legislated to death
  3. Are under constant threat of potentially losing our ability to drive (licence suspension or revocation) by way of scameras, roadside checks, etc. with the mileage we cover, our risk of obtaining licence points has to be greater than your average non-lgv/pcv driver.
  4. Suffer long working hours (compared with other types of employment), often anti-social hours early in the morning or late into the night.

The general minimum wage is a good thing, although not really a living wage. But, to “qualify” for this rate of payment all you have to do us turn up for work - not be qualified to do anything.

Regardless of how others perceive us, we are qualified as we have passed a medical, theory test (for some), practical driving test and post qualification we now have continuing development by way of the driver CPC.

In my opinion, the fact we have gone through all of this means we should deserve to be treated separately from the general minimum wage.

Just my two’pen nth

mac12:
What a waste of time that is, most drivers like to be over worked and if they didn’t like the money they would leave. Trampers can become day drivers if they want to be at home but most love the bosses truck more than there wife, why are the cabs cold turn the heater on that will warm them up, as for food every one else pays for food why not drivers. On this site a couple of weeks ago there was a post for train drivers paying £45000 for 35 hour week how many applied?

scontent-b-fra.■■.fbcdn.net/hph … 9678_n.jpg

well lets hope mr contraflow doesn’t always be such a clever chap and have to mix in with rest of us then he might want to sign up av lovly day :smiley:

Whoever wrote it could have put more thought into construction of the wording. I’m sorry to sound harsh but it reads like an ill thought out whine from a daily mail reader rather than a convincing and inciting argument.

It’s gained over a 100 signatures in one day, picking up pace.

Plenty drivers have 10 p/h or now.but pay rate it is not everythink.i was working for 13p/h and received same and sometime less whan my friend work for 11p/h.all depend from hours.plenty drivers not happy if work just 8 hours.
licence cost.some people in some job study 1-3 years by self money and get now less what we get.
Where drivers can earn more what for driving???now drivers not happy for 400-500 per week with 2-5 hours of waiting time ,sleeping.if drivers go to somewhere he earn just 2500-300 p/w with one 30 minut break.
IN PRESENT MOMENT DRIVING JOB GOOD PAID JOB(YES CAN BE BETTER).

Just to add I did a double take on the demands…
£25 per night for trampers. I get £52 plus paid parking. :sunglasses:
Sod the night rate, just like weekends I don’t do them. :sunglasses:
I get your hourly rate and I don’t even have a Class 1 licence.
Good day.

I don’t want to knock somebody that is trying, as it is a rarity amongst drivers today to stand up for their rights on most levels, rather than bend over and take it up the arse, which incidentally seems to be the trend among most drivers today :unamused:
However this will not be taken seriously for a couple of reasons, apart from the fact it is badly worded and comes across as amateurish in it’s layout, the Government simply do not give a ■■■■… end of.
Despite all the BS put about by the media there is simply no shortage of drivers, and certainly no shortage of ■■■■ whits that are not only willing to work for ■■■■ poor wages but are actually HAPPY to do so because they can drive a motor with shiny wheels and tanks, and all the crap that they can afford to attach to it out of their £7 an hour.
So there are 3 reasons just to kick off with alone, and I am sure both you and me can think of many more, so basically signing that particular petition is akin to ■■■■■■■ in the wind.
So we will have to carry on in our “cold cramped cabs” (wtf all that is about I don’t know :unamused: ) and put up with all the crap until we have the balls to stick together and show some GENUINE solidarity.
I won’t hold my breath.

Why should trampers get their food paid for them (which most do in the form of night out money anyway) while a day driver (or anyone else in any job with long hours) has to go home and pay for their own?

Cold and cramped?? Turn the night heater on.
Regulated to death? Try being a doctor or a member of the armed forces. (As an aside have you any idea how much it costs to become a doctor / any medical professional (nurse, paramedic etc. All of which are on crap money) or get a degree of any kind? Would kick the cost of a DCPC into a cocked hat.)

At the end of the day if you don’t like the conditions find another industry to work in, no one is sticking a gun to your head. Are you seriously telling me everyone came into this line of work with their eyes closed?