E-petition about drivers having to cope with clandestines in

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/67460

The Sarge:

Why tin hat , I think its dead right the French need to get their act together and that so long as the driver has taken all precautions why are they still being find

The French won’t do sod all as they just want them out of their country

nick2008:

The Sarge:

Why tin hat , I think its dead right the French need to get their act together and that so long as the driver has taken all precautions why are they still being find

Keep watching, Nick. Somebody will be along to argue the point I am sure :wink:

its as bad now as I have ever seen and there are more and more arriving everyday the French police are reacting a lot more than they used to but its still no where near enough
what I don’t understand is you check your truck you do the scanner the dog comes up and down the trucks in the lanes and your clear yet if you get in dover and they find them in your trailer you are in for a big fine why because if you have done all that its pretty obvious that they are changing trucks on the boats so why not prosecute the boat companys

Bugger! Just realised that I hadn’t asked anyone to sign the dam’ thing :blush:
Sign away, Lads & Lasses…

hanson:
what I don’t understand is you check your truck you do the scanner the dog comes up and down the trucks in the lanes and your clear yet if you get in dover and they find them in your trailer you are in for a big fine why because if you have done all that its pretty obvious that they are changing trucks on the boats so why not prosecute the boat companys

Ferry companies don’t allow you to stay in the cab, so how come that isn’t extended to the extra unforeseen cargo? Movement-activated cameras that then record the event, so someone at least can see which trucks to target for closer examination. That would bypass IMO the need for a fine.

If you want something to change, then you’ve got more chance praying to God than you have by signing an e-petition.

I agree with what you have suggested, that the authorities need to work with drivers. I feel persecuting drivers is dodging failings in the system.

Edit, sorry should say I signed your petition. Although these petitions may fall on the large pile along with along with the others, illegal immigration and immigration in general is a smouldering problem. Many grains of sand form a desert! If enough people keep on at the powers about this issue as a whole then it keeps it on topic. Good on you for trying something.

I saw this on Facebook, and i told them that if you want the government to take it seriously, then it has to be written seriously, good grammar and spelling etc, such as: There meaning Their not blaming the op as such but a pre-check before putting it on line would make a big difference to the authority reading it.

truckyboy:
I saw this on Facebook, and i told them that if you want the government to take it seriously, then it has to be written seriously, good grammar and spelling etc, such as: There meaning Their not blaming the op as such but a pre-check before putting it on line would make a big difference to the authority reading it.

the problem is spell check uses American English and most programs use the same even in Gov … a bit like going to prison is in true English going to GOAL not JAIL .

all done sarge. the only thing i would wanrt more is that they backdate fines imposed to drivers, i will have my 1250 GBP back then thanks.

I didn’t set up the petition, I only do UK work. It was a guy I used to work with, and I think that the way drivers are treated and what they have to put up with in the channel ports stinks. Therefore I’m sharing it (spelling mistakes an’ all :wink: )
Thanks for signing…