E-mailing companies

at the moment im in a bit of a situation where the contract im on is being finished due to littlewoods being brought by assosiated british foods (primark).
this is due to end in march.

so iv’e been on a few local companys websites and put out a few emails regards job oppertunitys advertised on there websites.do you know how many got back to me :question:

not [zb] one of them so far.

one of them hasn’t updated theres since june . i fired 2 off to meachers in derby. its just plain ignorance to not even aknowledge recipt of them .

not worth the web space

rant over :imp: :wink:

jon

:slight_smile: Know how you feel, I’ve done that a few times too. I’ve also emailed agencies around before and they are the worse ones for not replying - they don’t get contacted again though. :smiley: Yes, it is a wonder why they ever bother with the ‘contact us’ (which includes email) bit. :unamused: :unamused:

i take back what i said about meachers :blush: :blush:

its took a week but they replied this morning.

jon

you could try willy betz are they near you and that should be a cushy job on the toyota contract or transallinace cos its sounds like malc is on the look for another job

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve also done the emailing thing on numerous occasions in the past but not just exclusively to transport companies. I’ve only ever received one reply and that was from Taskmaster agency in Leeds. The rest never bothered to even acknowledge receipt.

jonboy:
i take back what i said about meachers :blush: :blush:

its took a week but they replied this morning.

jon

Yes! So! What did they say? Don’t keep us in suspense :unamused:

Just being nosey, but you did mention it :slight_smile: .

Salut, David.

Yes! So! What did they say? Don’t keep us in suspense

sorry nothing at present but we will keep you on file blah blah blah… :wink:

jon

also don’t get me started on that shambles they call the job centre plus website.

theres no [zb] jobs on it everyone i looked at was for qs recruitment or agency this agency that. but when i looked on qs’s website none of those 8/ 10 pound per hour jobs were on there.

i rung last week for one that was filled 3 weeks ago.

jon

dont email them. they rarely get back to you. use their sites to get contact details and then phone them. they will give you the usual, either, we have nothing coming up OR send your cv in and we will keep it on file. some of them will keep it on file and will call you when something comes up. Hildons did it and offered me a job too without an interview :smiley:

Last week I had an agency phone me who I hadn’t worked for since 1998 :exclamation: . Is that a record :question: :open_mouth: . I suppose there are benefits to changing your mobile number every so often :laughing: .

its just not e-mails where they dont reply.same with snail mail.

Trade team primary work is currently taking on , employing one or two of the agency drivers at the moment . Night only work ( looking at your littlewoods shifts ) shouldnt be a problem as there is drivers wanting to come off the two week rotation and do perm days .
The night work tbh is the easiest to do no hassles mainly trailer changes and i rarely do more than 9-10 hours a shift
I start at 2000 and finish most mornings at 5 :laughing:
Heavy work though , most of the trailers are somewhere near full weight on there outbound journey .

Sent twelve letters a couple of weeks back and only 3 never replied so snail mail probably is the best way, although I did e-mail an agency in Colchester about weekend work and they got back to me the next day so they aint all bad.

Jonboy, have you tried Hardstaff`s at Kingston-on-Soar?
Regards
Trev

Trevor Parry:
Jonboy, have you tried Hardstaff`s at Kingston-on-Soar?
Regards
Trev

If you do and you get a start give Andy Bone & John Hancock best wishes from their old transport manager :smiley: .

Salut, David.

Question? What the hell is going on in the UK?
I see so many drivers here on TruckNetUK trying to get work…here in the USA I get at least 1 call a day from company’s offering me all kinds of deals to work for them…for example :
Sign on bonus ($1500)
Rider programs (allowing your spouse or friends to ride in the truck)
Pet programs (allowing you to take a pet on the road with you)
No touch freight (No hand balling etc.)
Drop & hook (drop a trailer and hook a trailer and run)
$100 bonus each time. (To run into city’s that no one else wants to i.e. New York etc.)
Detention pay (paid per hour while you wait to load/unload)
(0.49 cents a mile) do 600 miles in a day that’s $294.00 times that by 5 days a week = $1470+ all the other extras
There’s so much more as well…experts say it’s a “world wide economy” so why aint drivers getting the same deal in the UK as they are over here■■?
What’s going on■■?

Bully

I think the answer to that bully is the EEC. There is a pool of drivers who, due to the standard of living in their own country can work for less over here and make a good wage in comparison, who wouldn’t, given the chance. There are some area’s where the amount of jobs exceeds the amount of drivers, these areas have an highter wage. Me, I would be happy just to be able to get out of the industry altogether, its not the job it used to be.

westie

jessicas dad:
you could try willy betz are they near you and that should be a cushy job on the toyota contract or transallinace cos its sounds like malc is on the look for another job

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its not just email where they dont reply, I have the opposite problem :stuck_out_tongue:

I filled out an online application, mailed it to them and received a reply within 2 days. I also received a phone call inviting me for interview at a venue to be arranged. I kept in touch using the number I had been given, a mobile number I may add :exclamation:

My last conversation was with them on Tuesday just before I got on the train to France. They are desperate to meet me but the driver assesor is away till Wednesday. “call me on Friday and I will organise something for the weekend”

Since I arrived home the mobile number diverts to answerphone, the only number BT list for the company is a fax machine and the Head Office keep giving me the same mobile number to contact :question:

This is not a fred in a shed haulage company. It is a large multi international with depots in all of the European countries, at least their website is up to date :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing much wrong with GBE but I need a change, more variety

And then as if by magic :stuck_out_tongue: The phone rang, with an offer of an interview at a mutually agreeable time.

Well that happened yesterday, and I got out of my truck into my car and turned up at the office in a pair of shorts, steel toe capped boots and a haircut that makes worzel gummage look well groomed :smiley:

An hour and a half later, we were kicked out of the office by the cleaner who wanted to go home :stuck_out_tongue: So we were exchanging bits of paper in the car park, Contracts of Employment, uniform requests, and bank details.

Im not sure whether it was desperation or good timing, but Im on the move on the 26th September :smiley:

Im not sure whether it was desperation or good timing, but Im on the move on the 26th September

all the best in your new job malc :smiley: :smiley:

i have a couple of interviews lined up next week so i can confirm that the phones the best option :wink:

jon