DVSA and load security

All I know is there was 3 bits of paper stapled together. The front one was pg something or other? Which said what’s been checked.

The next was a report which was preventing the driver from going back out on the road requiring immediate attention, and the third was saying that issue had been rectified and was good to go.

He said something about that middle one in the comments section said something along the lines of “load not secured correctly, high chance of moving and posing a danger to the public”. That’s not quoted but that’s along the lines of what he told me.

It upsets me that such troll posts are allowed here on TNUK.

There are drivers out there who are struggling simply because they do not have an overwhelming, inbuilt sense of the difference between right & wrong.

It upsets me that a few, even if only a handfull of them, will be looking here & maybe form their opinion on what they read.

I have a problem, a BIG problem with the trolls, & their need to generate ‘traffic’ above all & anything else.

Dork Lard:
It upsets me that such troll posts are allowed here on TNUK.

There are drivers out there who are struggling simply because they do not have an overwhelming, inbuilt sense of the difference between right & wrong.

It upsets me that a few, even if only a handfull of them, will be looking here & maybe form their opinion on what they read.

I have a problem, a BIG problem with the trolls, & their need to generate ‘traffic’ above all & anything else.

I swear on my life this is the truth and did happen. Not trolling, I promise!

It’s so ridiculous you couldn’t make it up

I dont understand why when anyone gets told xl rated they think they are driving a bulker with solid sides and dont have to strap anything.

Just because your curtains say code xl doesnt mean your trailer is, plus there and loads of things that make a load “suitable” for xl.

Theres a thread like this every week.

Concretejim:
I dont understand why when anyone gets told xl rated they think they are driving a bulker with solid sides and dont have to strap anything.

Just because your curtains say code xl doesnt mean your trailer is, plus there and loads of things that make a load “suitable” for xl.

Theres a thread like this every week.

I personally wouldn’t consider that a full load of kitchen towel needed strapping apart from cross-strapping the rearmost two pallets. I cannot imagine a scenario where it would come off of the trailer unless the vehicle jack-knifed and overturned and in that event it would come off of the trailer even if side straps were used. To say that kitchen towel can be strapped down using spansets is just ridiculous.

Everyone is entitled to do as they please, i was taught, albeit in austria, that ALL loads need to be secured. Of course there are many ways to secure things. To me it just seems weird/crazy that people are driving around with loads full of palletts un strapped.

Your right harry, a pallett on kitchen rolls shouldnt move, but what shouldnt happen and what dvsa deem acceptable is another.

I use to drive 27t of canned drinks around europe, positive fit with a xl taut with 48 interlocking aluminum lats and two horizontal locking lats at the back. This conformed.

As I said on another thread about this.
I just strap absolutely every bloody thing these days, it only takes 30 mins tops, and I’m hourly paid anyway.
I just play their bloody stupid games knowing they won’t have an excuse to get any money out of me (which is the real agenda for all this ■■■■)…I mean, come on…strapping bog rolls to within an inch of their life ffs :unamused: . What else could it be for. :bulb:

robroy:
I just strap absolutely every bloody thing these days, it only takes 30 mins tops, and I’m hourly paid anyway.
I just play their bloody stupid games knowing they won’t have an excuse to get any money out of me (which is the real agenda for all this [zb])…I mean, come on…strapping bog rolls to within an inch of their life ffs :unamused: . What else could it be for. :bulb:

I do the same but it’s not much fun when it’s freezing cold and hammering down with rain to have to strap a load up which I’ve been carrying for 30 years without it ever once spilling onto the road… knowing that the people who implemented this rule are still tucked up in bed and have never done a day’s productive work in their lives but have their wages paid by my income tax.

I’d like to think I’ve been doing the job long enough now to know whether a load needs strapping or not.

It’s got to the point the DVSA are becoming a parody of themselves, self funding aside a load of loo/toilet rolls deemed a hazard is stupid beyond belief.

Oh yeah the pallets might come a bit sharp but FFS really this country is going to hell in a hand basket with this just another example of pedantic PC pratishness.

Now we have grid girls dropped from F1, I mean which snowflake screaming homosexual came up with that idea, FFS they don’t pick mingers for the grid they save them for feminist rallies. Grid girls are there to beautify the sport they don’t feel objectified they love the job. There’s always the off chance they hook up with a rich hubby.

Just a drunken rant, the only thing stopping me jumping off this world is when I went for a cafe breakfast with the wife. Full English for us both and when the attractive waiter asked my beloved how she would like her eggs her answer was “fertilized”, I nearly spat me tea out…

robroy:
I just play their bloody stupid games knowing they won’t have an excuse to get any money out of me (which is the real agenda for all this [zb])…I mean, come on…strapping bog rolls to within an inch of their life ffs :unamused: . What else could it be for. :bulb:

same with me rob, one of of my work colleagues recons i’m going on overkill putting 8 straps and ratchets on a 28 ton load of concrete sections

scotstrucker:

robroy:

same with me rob, one of of my work colleagues recons i’m going on overkill putting 8 straps and ratchets on a 28 ton load of concrete sections

But I don’t think any driver in their right mind would take a load like that out without straps on and believe it be ok. We are talking about pallets of tissue here, that were partially strapped. Ive rarely seen any driver with more than Just the back strapped never mind a few more straps throughout the load like in this case.

Rowley010:

scotstrucker:

robroy:

But I don’t think any driver in their right mind would take a load like that out without straps on and believe it be ok. We are talking about pallets of tissue here, that were partially strapped. Ive rarely seen any driver with more than Just the back strapped never mind a few more straps throughout the load like in this case.

anytime i hauled toilet tissue i did theeact same as your work mate and never had any problems

scotstrucker:

robroy:

There’s a bit of a difference between 28 tonnes of concrete and 4 tonnes of toilet paper though.

Harry Monk:

scotstrucker:

robroy:

There’s a bit of a difference between 28 tonnes of concrete and 4 tonnes of toilet paper though.

there is harry but vosa made the toilet roll driver put more straps on the load that weighs 4 tonnes compared to my work colleague puts on 28 tonnes of concrete (he uses 4 but sometimes 6 if he time to fill in)

scotstrucker:

Harry Monk:

scotstrucker:

robroy:

there is harry but vosa made the toilet roll driver put more straps on the load that weighs 4 tonnes compared to my work colleague puts on 28 tonnes of concrete (he uses 4 but sometimes 6 if he time to fill in)

When you look at it like that it really is unbelievable isn’t it.

Rowley010:

That’s the way the job is nowadays mate,… nothing surprises me anymore tbh. :unamused:
Ran, and regulated, by ■■■■■ who know nothing about the job in reality. :unamused:

robroy:

Rowley010:

That’s the way the job is nowadays mate,… nothing surprises me anymore tbh. :unamused:
Ran, and regulated, by [zb] who know nothing about the job in reality. :unamused:

I have no idea why I’m sticking up for The Humourless Men With Clipboards here, but they have a rule/procedure that says approximately “If you can fix the issue right here, right now, we will in-impound the lorry and you can be on your way”.

The ratchets were simply the way of ticking that box, because of how the driver had set up the internals in the first place. Their load bearing capacity etc had nothing to do with it.

This is another great example of the petty, box ticking crap that’s dragging this whole country, let alone this industry, down. A trailer full of loo roll couldn’t break out of a non-XL trailer.

DVSA man is a bellend and talking complete ■■■■■■■■.

I’ve pulled loads for KC (Barrow to Flint) on a number of occasions. Every other double stacked row of pallets cross strapped using internals, and the load has always arrived in perfect condition, despite me using my finest rally driver agency driver attempts at ruining it.

Just a thought here when loading pallets of empty glass bottles we are told you have to strap them the same waybut every 2nd pallet couldnt put a ratchet strap over them and our trailers are full xl rated curtains, headboard doors and whatever else we even got the en certificate in a pouch on the tr just to prove in case of stop

Donnyboy:
Just a thought here when loading pallets of empty glass bottles we are told you have to strap them the same waybut every 2nd pallet couldnt put a ratchet strap over them and our trailers are full xl rated curtains, headboard doors and whatever else we even got the en certificate in a pouch on the tr just to prove in case of stop

Yep, done Quinn glass at Elton plenty times. (Chester services next door, highly recommended :wink: ).

Same score, every other double stacked row, and airbags at the back doors. These DVSA knobs need to get a grip :unamused: