DVSA advice on strapping

Not a lorry but nice the DVSA put in their 2 penneth

“A DVSA inspector who watched the footage, said that even with a strap in place, the load was not secure as the top car wasn’t secured in all directions”

cambrian-news.co.uk/article. … pItOEA8PbI

Staggered to read that the Cs referred the case to a police officer - presumably someone with at least a bit to f traffic experience and that officer had to get advice from the DVSA. Why? What would he have done if he’d actually found it on patrol. Surely that’s traffic police day one to understand dangerous condition / insecure load. No wonder ther3visnso little enforcement

njl:
Not a lorry but nice the DVSA put in their 2 penneth

“A DVSA inspector who watched the footage, said that even with a strap in place, the load was not secure as the top car wasn’t secured in all directions”

cambrian-news.co.uk/article. … pItOEA8PbI

Could it ever be secure? The vehicle is not built to carry such loads with stability and security.

What a none event, how can something like that end up going to court? What a waste of time and money

Night-and-day:
What a none event, how can something like that end up going to court? What a waste of time and money

The Cambrian Paper may not have too many big stories! As long it doesn’t come off, it’s fine. Would you have similar views if it fell off and dented the side of your motor? Thats the whole point of the insecure load offence - one of the few preventive measures to improve road safety. Its a shame the police officer as quoted as having to refer to the DVSA.

Rjan:
Could it ever be secure? The vehicle is not built to carry such loads with stability and security.

More interesting to me is how he got it on there and how does he plan to get it off and why the efff does he even need that piece of junk

ETS:

Rjan:

More interesting to me is how he got it on there and how does he plan to get it off and why the efff does he even need that piece of junk

Way I read it - both cars were on the way to be scrapped.

ETS:

Rjan:

It does make one wonder. Without the engine, fluids, or wheels, and perhaps with some glass and interior stripped, I guess they could get the weight down to a quarter of a ton, and four burly mechanics could probably lift that on a couple of scaffold bars.

I don’t know what condition the car underneath would end up in, but others have suggested that was going to scrap too, or perhaps it too was going to be stripped down after driving it home.

Rjan:

ETS:

Rjan:

It does make one wonder. Without the engine, fluids, or wheels, and perhaps with some glass and interior stripped, I guess they could get the weight down to a quarter of a ton, and four burly mechanics could probably lift that on a couple of scaffold bars.

I don’t know what condition the car underneath would end up in, but others have suggested that was going to scrap too, or perhaps it too was going to be stripped down after driving it home.

Somewhere in the article it says they claimed to have tested the securing arrangements by attempting to lift it with a fork lift. I daresay they used the same machine to load it in the first place.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

obviously a complete imbecile when they could just have went to halfords and bought a decent roof rack… :open_mouth: